GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP's solid sales start"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/12/04 at 21:45
Regular
PSP has pretty much sold out throughout Japan in contrast to Nintendo where DS's can be found everywhere.

Then again Nintendo shipped 1 million whilst the Sony shipped 200,000.

Sony continue their ploy of releasing a few to build up demand.

PSP is almost certain to succeed in Japan to some degree mainly because handhelds have always been appealing in Japan. It is the west Sony might struggle somewhat because sales for handhelds are nothing compared to console sales (GBA and GBA SP sales almost always eclipse console sales in Japan).

PSP failing to break the west will mean loss of third party support, which leads to loss of sales in Japan. Although I'm sure Sony's MP3 and video player will be an attractive western feature (or not, as i believe).

PSP Vs. DS is the ultimate battle of Graphics Vs. Gameplay. Not saying the PSP will fail on the gameplay front but here we are seeing this almost "revolution" in gameplay going head to head with a fantastic graphiced machine.

Nintendo are taking a risk, gambling. Which is nice and rather different as of late. The reason it hasn't been branded with the Gameboy label is that if the DS does not continue with its high sales and flops like Nintendo's other experimental console, the virtual boy, then a true Gameboy successor can be released.

Recent American and Japanese sales reports for the DS confirms my belief that the real winner of this handheld war will be the Gameboy Advance.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:37
Regular
"and PC user"
Mav wrote:
> You sighted one remark from this thread. One.
>
> And I fail to see how it's not fair comment.

Yea, but you didnt say only from this thread. And anyway, I did stick to the Nintendo section.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:35
Regular
Sony have top end graphics for the likes of Ridge Racer and Final Fantasy.

But the DS has these franchises too. In fact the DS has 2 FF games already in development.

These games confessingly won't have nearly the graphical ability of the PSP but they use a totally new and innovative form of play in order to play the games.

By all means play a portable version of Final Fantasy, I'm perfectly happy playing an innovative version of final fantasy.

And I never said the PSP would fail as I prediced. I just kept my prediction going and stated it might succeed in Japan.

I also am very tempted by a PSP. Medievil... hmmmm.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:31
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Dringo shut the hell up.

Make me.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:31
Regular
Macintosh wrote:

> BTW: the advantage of having more data space is that you dont have to
> break the game into more than 1 disc so often.

And what a burden it is.

I'll never get back those 12 seconds I spent changing from Disc 1 to Disc 2, just once, during the course of my 60 hour long play through Tales of Symphonia.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:29
Regular
You sighted one remark from this thread. One.

And I fail to see how it's not fair comment.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:28
Regular
Macintosh wrote:

> Same person, what you on about? I think if look at my posts, they are
> in the main more constructive for a start.

Yet no less ill-informed or retarded.

And for the record, this isn't being backed into a corner, it's a verbal and intellectual massacre. Of you.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:27
Regular
"and PC user"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Your problem solving skills aren't great are they?
>
> When developers make a very big game for the GC, they split it over
> two discs.
>
>
> Here's hoping your brain cell figures out mitosis.

There's another one for the collection.

BTW: the advantage of having more data space is that you dont have to break the game into more than 1 disc so often.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:24
Regular
"and PC user"
Mav wrote:
> Really?
>
> I'd be interested to see an example from one of the people you're
> arguing against that justifys that statement.

Here you go....

Note the comment "this is PS2 games we're talking about here" - as if thats all the PS2 can handle due to it being cr@p

(To Macintosh)

Did you fail to read what gerrid said the first time? The reason why PS2 games are on DVD's is because of FMV sequences and so forth.

The game itself probably only takes up about 1GB of space (this is PS2 games we're talking about here - I'd estimate PSP games would take up about 500mb

Another.....(from another thread in this section). What the heck is this about?

It's top score back again, with better grammar.

Macintosh is probably Update 2.01, his bumboy.

More....

T Score 04 and Macintosh are the same person - both registered for 240 days. I can't be a coincidence.
You loser! Go back to your Sony forum and spam that place up instead!

Same person, what you on about? I think if look at my posts, they are in the main more constructive for a start.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:15
Regular
Your problem solving skills aren't great are they?

When developers make a very big game for the GC, they split it over two discs.

Here's hoping your brain cell figures out mitosis.
Thu 16/12/04 at 21:09
Regular
Really?

I'd be interested to see an example from one of the people you're arguing against that justifies that statement.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.