GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh dear Oh dear all seems a bit familiar the DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/12/04 at 16:24
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
What is going on with Nintendo I thought that after all these years of fobbing us off with inferior tripe that was graphically no better than a SNES game they have managed to pull it off again.

I have seen screens of Mario DS, some really ropey Ngage racer port and of the Ridge Racer game and they are shocking, no textures, blocky graphics and
no better than a first gen PS1 game.

Having seen a comparison between the DS ridge racer game and PSP ridge racer game there is only one your are gonna want to play on and it ain't the one with the gimmicey stylus.

Nintendo DS stands the (Dier System), this console was realised and produced in a year and it shows.
Thu 16/12/04 at 23:07
Regular
Analogue stick - 1 point to Sony
Better graphics - 1 point to Sony

The rest?
Gizmo's like the MP3 player and movie player, are they worth anything?
Both systems are matched for wireless ability...

I'd say the the DS wins it for journeys, with the longer battery (although the PSP would last most journeys, you'd have to have it prepared fully charged before hand and hardly play it before and after).
Wireless Mario 64 and Bomberman would be hits although the PSP can potentially match them, so what wins it for DS is pictochat.
Even non gamers can have a laugh with that.

Also, you might think that the touchscreen means little now, but once the unnofficial hentai games start appearing in Japan, complete with the flavoured waterproof touchscreen cover...

EVERY teenage kid will want one!

I can't see similar things happening in the west though... :-)
Thu 16/12/04 at 22:54
Regular
Ah so it does, sorry, looking at it wrong.
Thu 16/12/04 at 22:41
Regular
Yes it does...

I've seen pictures and articles mention it, how they had to stretch their thumb a bit. I think it's in the top left corner..
It's not in the best of places but it's an analogue stick all the same.

Unless it's something different that you're about to enlighten me about...
Thu 16/12/04 at 22:35
Regular
Strafio wrote:

> The PSP has an analogue stick, which is a plus... but doesn't make up
> for the rest of it...

The PSP doesn't have an analogue stick.
Thu 16/12/04 at 22:30
Regular
And for the record, Mario 64 blew away EVERYTHING the Playstation had to offer back in 1996...

But the N64 with just one game cost £300.
And each new game cost £60.
And there were about 10 games to choose from over the first 10 months.
And loads of people already had mates with Playstations.
So Nintendo screwed up the marketing side, and by the time they'd sorted out pricing, they'd lost most of the "wow!" factor.

This time the DS is being released first and at a cheaper price and offers the sort of games you can't already get on a home console.
The PSP has an analogue stick, which is a plus... but doesn't make up for the rest of it...
Thu 16/12/04 at 22:17
Regular
T score 04 wrote:

>
> If they are so innovative why are there so many ports I thought
> Nintendo only produced software that was original or is it that they
> can use a stylus (laught's out loud) and Ninty fanboys call the
> ported game a innovative gameplay (different is not always
> innovative).

Hang on? Nintendo fans criticised the Gameboy Advance (a fantastic machine) for having too many ports? Nintendo fans have been criticising Nintendo for only releasing Pikmin, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing and Wario Ware as original titles these days.

So when did you last talk to a "Nintendo fanboy".
Thu 16/12/04 at 22:15
Regular
Macintosh wrote:

> If thats so, we did so many people buy it on the PS2?

What Ridge Racer PS2 game?

The last one was R-Racing Revolution, released on all consoles and sold like a led balloon.

And as for comparing Ridge Racer on the PSP to the DS, well the PSP looks better but the DS's one is more original.

Both crap mind.
Thu 16/12/04 at 17:09
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Going back to the original argument, I fail to see how you've come to the conclusion that Ridge Racer will be better on the PSP than the DS because of the graphics. Compare the old SmackDown games on the PS1 to No Mercy on the N64... absolutely no competition. Visually much worse, yet No Mercy was still about 10 times more enjoyable, and in turn this makes it better. Mario Kart: Super Circuit, comparing it to the N64 and Gamecube versions, is visually atrocious, but yet, it's a much more enjoyable game. Therefore, I hope you realise, it's better.

Of course better visuals win over idiots these days (much like yourself, I'm thinking), but they really don't have much to do with the quality of the game as a whole.

And next time you want to talk about Nintendo fanboys, please don't until you've removed your head from Sony's crack and are in a position to make judgements like that.
Thu 16/12/04 at 17:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Your pure stupidity is simply astounding.
Thu 16/12/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
Bejam wrote:
> This is classic, just classic. Yes, better graphics mean that the PSP
> will definitely be far superior and sell millions more units than the
> DS.
> It's obvious really isn't it?
>
> Still, each to their own. I'm going to be perfectly happy playing
> great innovative software on my lovely little DS rather than being
> ripped off for an over-priced portable PS1/2 with dull
> ports/franchises and a battery life shorter than Gary Coleman.
>
> But it's got betta grafix and a big screen and can play MP3s!!!!
>
> Assclown.

If they are so innovative why are there so many ports I thought Nintendo only produced software that was original or is it that they can use a stylus (laught's out loud) and Ninty fanboys call the ported game a innovative gameplay (different is not always innovative).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.