GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question: If Nintendo have been so revolutionary...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/12/04 at 09:29
Regular
"Nintendo RIP"
Why is the DS the first handheld they have used a 3D chip in?

Come on it's not like 3D chips are new
Page:
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:50
Regular
"and PC user"
An insular, shrinking market, thats what the GBA-SP will be in the future - even without PSP! DS would eventually replace it. I mean who wanted a black & white Gameboy once Nintendo released the Color version?
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Macintosh wrote:
> DS is just another GBA, but uprated a bit. 2 screens and a stylus are
> not going to save it.

Save what? Last time I looked, the Gameboy was the most popular console worldwide...

Oh, and upgrades have never stopped new GameBoy's selling in the past...
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:21
Regular
"and PC user"
DS is just another GBA, but uprated a bit. 2 screens and a stylus are not going to save it. Thats not to say everyone will get PSP, but eventually thats what will happen.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Plus the fact Nintendo owns Sony at games anyway.

Look at the PS2.

Look at the Cube.

Take away the RPGs.

Aha. Ahahahaha.
Mon 03/01/05 at 12:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
According to IGN, the PSP has a battery life of 2 Hours, 46 minute, when playing Ridge Racers, and only 2 PSP's connected (maximum of 8!).

Hahah. Oh Dear.
Sun 02/01/05 at 21:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You obviously missed Pokemon, Zelda, Mario Vs Donkey Kong, Tetris and Wario Ware to name but a few.
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:51
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I don't know what the attraction of handhelds is. I have never managed to be addicted to a handheld game the way I have been with other games.
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:41
Regular
The fact is, as far as handheld games consoles go, and purely as far as this argument over battery life goes, the Nintendo DS kicks the PSPs ass.
Sun 02/01/05 at 19:24
Regular
Hahahah.

Playing movies will be a right battery wh0ore as well, especially DivX/compressed ones, seeing as they'd need some form of decoder in the hardware to process them.

Keep the handheld gaming machine as a gaming machine, nothing more, nothing less.
Sun 02/01/05 at 19:15
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Also, I'd like you to realise one thing Macintosh- the DVD player on the PS2 was awful- it was comparable to a £30 one from Tesco, before the prices dropped. So what do you think the player is going to be like on the PSP?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.