GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*OFFICIAL* HALF-LIFE 2 THREAD"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 18:35
Regular
Well there already seems to be quite a few Half-Life 2 threads cluttering up the PC Forum and I have no idea how many more will be made after the game gets released. So, I made this thread which can be used to talk about everything that is Half-Life 2 related and I hope you will all use it instead of making a thread for every problem/query you have.
So if you have any questions, links, general info about the game or you need help after its release tommorow, please use this thread :)
Wed 24/11/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
It's well worth it. Persevere with the Kb / Mouse combination. I consider myself damn good at FPS as I've been using the Kb/m since Doom1, but playing CS : Source against a clan last night I got whupped. Totally and Utterly.

I dread to think how much worse it would have been if I couldn't whip around instantly and had to actually turn..........
Wed 24/11/04 at 09:41
Regular
Bloody hell.

Well, I'll pick me up a Z-board and Razer mouse in the near future then :D

Cheers.
Wed 24/11/04 at 09:26
Regular
Also, the latest Viper has 1250dpi I believe and there is one due with 1500dpi.
Wed 24/11/04 at 09:24
Regular
You don't need a mat providing you don't have a glass or shiny work surface.

I would get the Razer mat as well which is more like a smooth board which can be switched between speed and control and you can have on-the-fly sensitivity assigned to the wheel which is pretty handy. Plus as opposed to the 200-350dpi of standard Optical mice it has 1000dpi which offers a hell of a lot more precision.

Best mouse EVA!!!

Really worth the extra dosh.
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:56
Regular
Cheers. SR are doing the board for £37.99 and a Razer mouse for £20.

It's optical. Will I still need a mat? I haven't used a mat for ages.

Perhaps that's why my current mouse isn't as effective as I want it to be...
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:52
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> How much is that kit, Keyboard included? And where from obviously.

When I bought it the mouse cost me £35, the mouse mat £22 and the keyboard £45. Got the mouse mat from the states along with the Zboard through eBay and got the mouse through Overclockers.

> That Zboard, that's the gamer-refined one isn't? With the
> customiseable layout?

Yeah, excellent keyboard. It comes with a standard layout and gaming layout although I haven't bought any of the special layouts for other games as of yet. Just waiting for the Half-Life 2 layout.
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:48
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> As for the control pad, you would get ass raped on Source with a
> control pad.

You may be right. It's probably because everyone else on Xbox Live is forced to use the pad that I'm able to play well against them...
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:47
Regular
How much is that kit, Keyboard included? And where from obviously.

That Zboard, that's the gamer-refined one isn't? With the customiseable layout?
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:47
Regular
As for the control pad, you would get ass raped on Source with a control pad. When going back to use the control pad on Halo 2 I felt like I had been sexually exploited and as a result my nerve endings had been damaged and my reactions screwed.
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:44
Regular
Yeah, I have 1000dpi Razer Viper Mouse with the Ideon Zboard. Also have the Razer Crossfire mouse mat which is unbelievably good.

The mouse is awesome though in combination with the mat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.