GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*OFFICIAL* HALF-LIFE 2 THREAD"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 18:35
Regular
Well there already seems to be quite a few Half-Life 2 threads cluttering up the PC Forum and I have no idea how many more will be made after the game gets released. So, I made this thread which can be used to talk about everything that is Half-Life 2 related and I hope you will all use it instead of making a thread for every problem/query you have.
So if you have any questions, links, general info about the game or you need help after its release tommorow, please use this thread :)
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:42
Regular
Cheers. It's a MS SIdewinder Gamepad Pro, recognised and all that.

Ali and Aoe - I'm currently using k/b and mouse, but I ain't that good. Perhaps it's down to my crap mouse (thinking of getting one of thems Razer-mathingies) not always picking up my movement.

I just know I can move quicker with a properly set-up control pad. Probably won't improve my skill, but I'd be able to play more comfortably :P
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:36
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Can you use a gamepd in HL2/CS:Source?
>
> I've tried in CS:Source but can't find any option. I found the option
> to 'use joystick' and 'look with joystick' but even after selecting
> them, I couldn't use my pad.
>
> If it's possible, can you tell me how? If not, can you set me
> straight?
>
> Thanks

I'll need to be recognised through windows control panel joystick I imagine. Having said that, the first time you manage to get a kill using a joystick on CS : source, let me know. I ain't holding my breath..............
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:29
Regular
You can use a joy'stick' but as far as I am aware there isn't a game pad that will work with either.

Like Aoe said, use keyboard and mouse you tickleberry mu*f mower ;)
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:26
Regular
"\\"
Use a keyboard and mouse you pansy :P
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:24
Regular
Can you use a gamepd in HL2/CS:Source?

I've tried in CS:Source but can't find any option. I found the option to 'use joystick' and 'look with joystick' but even after selecting them, I couldn't use my pad.

If it's possible, can you tell me how? If not, can you set me straight?

Thanks
Wed 24/11/04 at 08:01
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Did I read somewhere on this forum that you have to be online just to play half life 2?
Wed 24/11/04 at 01:30
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Now i've finished this, can I sell it?
Tue 23/11/04 at 10:41
Regular
"Touched!"
I think I'm a few hours into it now, just got the first boat and done that bit (the blue barrel bit was funny), the physics rock, seeing the water spray up in your face as you tear through the water being shot at is amazing.
Mon 22/11/04 at 22:22
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh.

Tomorrow I can start downloading HL2!

Tomorrow I accept I won't do any coursework and, therefor, have my GCSEs ruined.

Go HALF-LIFE!

On the other hand, if I can complete it within 18 or so hours, I may be able to continue my haphazard style of late coursework and survive with most of my cranium still intact.

Most of it.
Mon 22/11/04 at 22:11
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Gwizz wrote:
> Wow, harsh!!

Tee hee hee.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.