GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*OFFICIAL* HALF-LIFE 2 THREAD"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 18:35
Regular
Well there already seems to be quite a few Half-Life 2 threads cluttering up the PC Forum and I have no idea how many more will be made after the game gets released. So, I made this thread which can be used to talk about everything that is Half-Life 2 related and I hope you will all use it instead of making a thread for every problem/query you have.
So if you have any questions, links, general info about the game or you need help after its release tommorow, please use this thread :)
Mon 22/11/04 at 22:07
Regular
Looks like you were right Aoe...this hasn't really worked :/
Sat 20/11/04 at 23:15
Regular
"\\"
My Geforce FX 5200 works just fine.

That'll be more than fine :P
Sat 20/11/04 at 23:05
Regular
will a "OcUK ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB" work well?
Sat 20/11/04 at 19:35
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Wow, harsh!!
Sat 20/11/04 at 19:09
Regular
"\\"
Gwizz wrote:
> At low/med settings does HL2 look better then HL1?

Well. Considering HL1 is five years old. Course it does you moron. Even on low/med settings, it looks better than most games out now.
Sat 20/11/04 at 18:39
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
At low/med settings does HL2 look better then HL1?
Sat 20/11/04 at 01:48
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Just completed it. WHAT A GAME. Loved it. The story wasn't as good, or as Epic as HALO/2 but I did enjoy it. It wasn't perfect. The coding was good, but it didn't buffer audio, there was no gradual loading, and some of the physics and Grav-Gun capabilities didn't make sense... Like being able to pick up a table, but not a rock of the same weight. The fact that you could move in the cut-scenes meant that you missed some key points in the dialogue because you were throwing a book at your friends head, or trying to pick up 'Dog' and throw him at Alex. She was well done, though. As was the voice acting. Definitely more polished than HALO 2 and optimised a treat to run on almost anything... it was on HIGH on my PC and I only have a Radeon 9600TX and 512 MB DDR.

I'm a HALO fan, and I didn't play through HL1, so I apologise if my liking HALO more offends you.

Funny.

Love the Modded Grav-Gun, though. Amazing.

HALF-LIFE 3, roll on!
Sat 20/11/04 at 01:37
Regular
Just started Chapter 6 - "We Don't Go To Stockholm". Was about time there was a chunk of story, so thank god! :0D
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:20
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Gah post your spoilers in about 12 S tags.

*Covers eyes*
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:07
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
SPOILER

I'm near the end, in the city beating down the striders. The beef is kicking off, big-time. Just got into the Citadel and got my Grav-Gun accidentally upgraded, this thing is the business. Picks up humans, electrocutes them, everything. I wish it was like this from the start! haha!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.