GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Relationship Rant"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/11/04 at 15:11
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've recently broken up with another girlfriend, which is its essence doesn't bother me, because basically it wasn't working out, didnt feel right and we've decided to remain friends which is always good.

The thing that happens to be bugging me is that after we broke up she told me she loved me (actually "in love" not just the sort of 'love' you stick at the end of an email or text) and that she wants to have a baby with me.

Cue fear of fatherhood and the realisation I'm actually just a kid myself to kick in.

The thing that quite worries me is that I haven't known this girl a great deal of time at all. We met at a party, got drunk and did some stuff together and we started going out, but after a while (once I'd sobered up) I didnt feel the same and chose to end it to avoid and later heartache from prolonging the relationship. She took it badly. Really badly. With cries of "don't you find me attractive?" and "what have I done wrong" ringing through my head, I came back with the clichéd-to-death, "its not you, its me" which seemed to settle her down.

I've actually never been told by a girl that she "loved" me, nor have I ever said it to a girl. I'm quite pedantic with the word and beleive it should only be used when you mean it, and she assured me she does love me. This is rather daunting to think that someone who has known me a pretty short amount of time feels that way about me. What's even more frightening is that I don't feel the same way, at all.

I suppose I can finally empathise with those who stalk people and fall in love with them without really knowing them, and the other party is completely oblivious to this. I always though love would be something that came mutually from both parties, but I guess that isn't the case.

I'm not sure if I should feel bad about this, but I really do. I dislike hurting people, but I think I did the right thing to end it before she went skitzo and came off the pill and got pregnant to have the child she's oh-so-desperate to have.

Goes to show that you can be all mature and grown-up but still be a child yourself in some respects.

I'm still a child, I guess, but I like the security and lack of morning sickness it brings.
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Erm, I've actually got an equal number of male/female friends.

Each have their own better aspects.
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:26
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Paradox: wrote:

>
> Best friends are guys, if you disagree with me you are wrong.

I hate to disagree with you (and of course, I don't hate it at all, but anyway...) but my best friend is a lass called Sara. In fact, the overwhelming majority of my friends are women. I can count my male friends on my fingers. I can only count my lady friends using an abacus.

Sorry.
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
> Does this look like an epidose of Will & Grace?

(Follow me blindly into my pyramid of slumberous unrest. )

> No.
>
> Best friends are guys, if you disagree with me you are wrong.
>
> Guys aren't conceited and don't drag you around Topshop for 11 hours.
>
>
> Go back to your old guy mates before your penis inverts and you grow
> a big fluffy v a g i n a !

Ahhhh, The "I sweat testosterone" approach. Sorry, my girlfriend happens to be my best friend. You can't understand that then it's not my problem.

Oh, I suppose I'm gay now.....?

I know someone not a million miles away who admits all his close friends are female, and he's anything but what you describe above. Quite the opposite in fact.

If you want to beat your chest and play alpha male, Goaty's already beat you too it I'm afraid.

Bwhahahahahaha.
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:21
Regular
I wish it was that easy.
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Get rid of her
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:18
Regular
Cheers for the advice, she invited me to stay round hers last week because her parents were away but I couldn't go which was a shame. I've talked to all my remaining friends about her and they all say the same as you two. :-)
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:16
Regular
"SOUP!"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
> Girl friends are
> alright, they can give you advice and suchlike
>
> Heh, until you find one who becomes your best friend. :P

Does this look like an epidose of Will & Grace?

No.

Best friends are guys, if you disagree with me you are wrong.

Guys aren't conceited and don't drag you around Topshop for 11 hours.

Go back to your old guy mates before your penis inverts and you grow a big fluffy v a g i n a !
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:14
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
KR wrote:
> Just remembered another thing LOL, The girl I like gets jealous when I
> hang around with my girlmates - she told me the other day that she
> didn't want me to get a girlfriend because then I would see her less.
> Well Im seeing her tomorrow night so I'll ask her then :S

Seriously mate, I wouldn't bother. It'll end in heartache. Go the Goatboy route for satisfaction, but you try anything else and she'll tear your heart out.
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:13
Regular
Just remembered another thing LOL, The girl I like gets jealous when I hang around with my girlmates - she told me the other day that she didn't want me to get a girlfriend because then I would see her less. Well Im seeing her tomorrow night so I'll ask her then :S
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:09
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
> Girl friends are
> alright, they can give you advice and suchlike

Heh, until you find one who becomes your best friend. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.