GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Toying with the idea of Final Fantasy +2nd hand PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Wed 29/12/04 at 00:06
Regular
"8==="
Thinking of picking up a cheap PS2 and a copy of a Final Fantasy game.

Where would you recommend I get a secondhand PS2 from (preferably a place that gives a few months guarantee)?

Which final Fantasy should I start with?

But also I need to know about the presentation of the games as at the moment cacky japanese music really doesn't appeal to me. There's not to much singing in them is there? And there aren't to many squeaky characters that I can't immediately push off a cliff.... hopefully?

What's good and what sucks?
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:33
Regular
"Bicycle"
He speaketh the truth!
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
A system's capabilities does not dictate the quality of a game, but instead the gameplay of said game. There's still tons of stuff on the Amiga i play because it has great gameplay, graphics do nothing for me. Hence why i prefer sprites over polygons

Sorry about changing my original post Coin :-D
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:25
Regular
"Notable"
It is when ones on a grey machine with cobwebs and the other is on a next gen console.
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ResiEvilScriptWriter wrote:

> Better than 10.

That's not really saying much
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> No way it'll be that early.
> I'd say around mid-February, 2006.

I'm an optimistic man, so shoot me :-D

Don't care anyway i'll probably be adventurous and get the Japanese version. Dragon Warrior 8 will prepare me for it
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:06
Regular
"Notable"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Yes people stop daring to have an opinion differing to this person
> here. Stop it now :-D

No it aint that its just that people automatically hate it and for its time it was quite a good game.

Better than 10. It was only a dissapointment because it came after 7. And 7 was unbeatable
Fri 31/12/04 at 22:05
"period drama"
No way it'll be that early.
I'd say around mid-February, 2006.
Fri 31/12/04 at 21:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Broken Hearts wrote:
> Lakers, when's the NTSC release of XII?

Last thing i looked at had the Japanese release at around Spring/Summer 2005, no exact date. I wouldn't really expect a European date until at the very least November 2005 and that's being optimistic
Fri 31/12/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ResiEvilScriptWriter wrote:
> Everyone, stop being so anti-FF8.

Yes people stop daring to have an opinion differing to this person here. Stop it now :-D
Fri 31/12/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Notable"
Well done you for having the will power to persevere.

I can't help but thing it was just a taster of FF's possibillities on a next gen console.

A waster for the fanatics out there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.