GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Toying with the idea of Final Fantasy +2nd hand PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Wed 29/12/04 at 00:06
Regular
"8==="
Thinking of picking up a cheap PS2 and a copy of a Final Fantasy game.

Where would you recommend I get a secondhand PS2 from (preferably a place that gives a few months guarantee)?

Which final Fantasy should I start with?

But also I need to know about the presentation of the games as at the moment cacky japanese music really doesn't appeal to me. There's not to much singing in them is there? And there aren't to many squeaky characters that I can't immediately push off a cliff.... hopefully?

What's good and what sucks?
Wed 29/12/04 at 13:55
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If you don't like FF after playing Final Fantasy VII then don't bother getting any of the others, so start with FFVII.

Get it from your local indie store (good luck finding it in stock though) if you want a guarantee. Bloke behind the counter will usually mumble "3 months".

While you're there get Dark Chronicle. (Or Dark Cloud 2 if you're getting the US version).
Wed 29/12/04 at 10:54
Regular
Get a US one and have access to all the best RPG's currently out. Nothing on this generation of consoles comes close to Xenosaga for pure RPG goodness without the serious bearded c**k sperm.

Head over to videogameplus.ca - really low prices and you can import PS2's (without tax charges) for pretty low prices.
Wed 29/12/04 at 07:09
Regular
Or you could even get a PS2 and still pick up FFVII - but the backwards compatibility isn't 100% on FF games. Sometimes the graphics can start screwing up.
Wed 29/12/04 at 07:08
Regular
Probably not what you had in mind, but I'd recommend grabbing a PSOne and Final Fantasy 7. Beautiful.

If it's really a PS2 you're after though - and it's purely for Final Fantasy, get FFX. FFX-2 is the one with a load of singing and dressing up in it. It's quite balls compared to X.

But yes, FFVII > rest.
Wed 29/12/04 at 00:06
Regular
"8==="
Thinking of picking up a cheap PS2 and a copy of a Final Fantasy game.

Where would you recommend I get a secondhand PS2 from (preferably a place that gives a few months guarantee)?

Which final Fantasy should I start with?

But also I need to know about the presentation of the games as at the moment cacky japanese music really doesn't appeal to me. There's not to much singing in them is there? And there aren't to many squeaky characters that I can't immediately push off a cliff.... hopefully?

What's good and what sucks?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.