GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Toying with the idea of Final Fantasy +2nd hand PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Wed 29/12/04 at 00:06
Regular
"8==="
Thinking of picking up a cheap PS2 and a copy of a Final Fantasy game.

Where would you recommend I get a secondhand PS2 from (preferably a place that gives a few months guarantee)?

Which final Fantasy should I start with?

But also I need to know about the presentation of the games as at the moment cacky japanese music really doesn't appeal to me. There's not to much singing in them is there? And there aren't to many squeaky characters that I can't immediately push off a cliff.... hopefully?

What's good and what sucks?
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:49
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
gerbil man wrote:
> Why aren't you out partying and drinking, gayby.

Who says we aren't?
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:49
Regular
LUKE GET YOUR BIG FAT ASS OUT OF MY GODDAMNED WAY.
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Broken Hearts wrote:
> I don't see how you can find Quistis attractive.
> Rinoa any day :}
> That look, and Quistis is probably a lesbian, judging by her
> dress-sense.

Even more reason to find her attractive :-D

I don't know i guess it's that whole school ma'am thing she's got going on, oh and the glasses. I'm a sucker for glasses
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:47
Regular
Why aren't you out partying and drinking, gayby.
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I don't see how you can find Quistis attractive.
Rinoa any day :}
That look, and Quistis is probably a lesbian, judging by her dress-sense.
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
There's the difference, i really couldn't give two hoots about the characters (apart from my Quistis) or the story. The first disc was fine with the graduating and whatever but after that i just found it boring.

On a side note i'm back playing Final Fantasy Tactics after getting stuck on Growlanser. Now there's a story
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:45
Regular
"Notable"
I liked all the music, the way the characters were all teens in some stupid "perfect figure culture" in some way, the place where you go to fight bahamut, the sidequests, the memories, of course the cards, norg and the laguna bit was a cool story within a cool story. The eshtar revelation was great.

Ok, ok. I'm definately playing this the next time I have time.
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
In theory yes as the system has more capabilities so the developers can use more ideas due to the larger space they have. Doesn't work out that way as only 1 game in this generation of consoles even comes close to my top ten games of all time (can y'all guess what it is, i bet you can't :-D)

The only things i liked about 8 was the card game (which 9 ruined) and Quistis.
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:40
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I'll probably hang on for the Yank release, my Japanese isn't the best, it's good enough to scrape through WE, but not FF.
Fri 31/12/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Notable"
But on paper it should be better

aha. so we are in agreement then, no. 8 aint so bad.

It was actually quite long thinking back.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.