GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon on Cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Colosseum'.
Thu 30/12/04 at 17:25
Regular
Yep, Nintendo have announced that a GBA-style Pokemon adventure is underway for the Cube.

Now this has got me thinking two ways. It could turn out as a successful RPG, racking up the sales like it's GBA brother did ever so well.

But on the other-hand I have a feeling the exploration side of the game won't work in 3D that well. Sure, the battles will look brilliant, as Colossuem has already proved, but the other side of the game I have my doubts about. And, even though the Cube is owned by loads of kids, I have a feeling it won't sell well. Maybe because little kids will get burned if they buy it, I don't know. But I've got a doubt in the back of my mind. It's probably just me being stupid, but there we are.

I won't buy it, because even though deep down my heart is telling me I love Pokemon, my mind knows I will get burned/kicked/eaten/stroked if I do buy it.

So kids, get excited!
Fri 31/12/04 at 19:52
"period drama"
Crumble wrote:
> But then how do you level up your Pokemon? Well, I feel placing more
> trainers around the routes would help, and also add the option
> whether you want to fight them or not, and not make it so that they
> automatically fight you hen you come into their line of sight.
>
> But for that to work, the experience points needed to level-up would
> need to drastically decrease, because with the option of not
> battling, players could find their Pokemon getting slaughtered by Gym
> Leaders who need to be defeated to progress because they didn't
> battle and level-up their Pokemon enough.

Nononono.
That would make it too easy, and rubbish people would just walk through the game because they don't feel like levelling up much. And people who actually want to play the game properly won't be able too, because they'll be contantly winning by miles and never getting a challenge.

It's a good thing getting slaughtered by a Gym Leader every once in a while. Then you go out and level up 'til you've got experience oozing from your pores and kick the living bejesus out of the little gimp.

Nothing's more rewarding that getting totally pwned, putting in a few hours hard work, and returning the favour.
Fri 31/12/04 at 18:10
Regular
Yes, unfortunatly it will probably just be the same as the Colleseum story mode, except longer.

The main thing is when a random battle starts it starts quickly, you get stright into the fighting. The big long intros should only be used for gym leaders, 'boss' characters and the Pokemon league.
Fri 31/12/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Some of the new characters don't bother me too much. When it's a pre-evolved form, or a more evolved form, it adds a little more variety to the characters.

Also, I don't mind some of the new Pokemon when they actually resemble a real animal. It's when you get stupid looking, crazy ones that make no sence you start to worry and think they've gone a bit nuts with the whole thing.

:)
Fri 31/12/04 at 17:41
Regular
Pokébloks were a terrible addition to the franchise.

"Lets win a beauty contest!"
Fri 31/12/04 at 17:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Damn :(

Thinking about it now, Gold and Silver really were the pinnacle of the series for me. You had both Johto and Kanto and the going back to the old world and battling the old Gyms again was great. And it had Ash/Gary etc. in. And it didn't have all these pointless new monsters from Ruby/Sapphire, or the other "great" new additions like the Beauty Contests and Pokéblok mixing..
Fri 31/12/04 at 16:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's a shame that we know that there will be new characters, new pokemon and it won't be cel shaded. :' (
Fri 31/12/04 at 15:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Cooky wrote:
> Animal Crossing style realtime day and night would be quite good too!
> So you could only capture certain Pokemon at night etc.

Mmm definately, the time element from Gold and Silver was, I felt, one of the greatest advances from the Red/Blue previous incarnations. Different Pokémon only availiable at night or at certain times, and Day/Time specific challenges and opening times for areas. I still get annoyed this wasn't carried through to the GBA versions.

But with the Cube's internal clock I'm hopeful something like this will be added.
Fri 31/12/04 at 15:35
Regular
Give it to Namco! And send everone from Nintendo.
Fri 31/12/04 at 15:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
secretly we all know that Treasure will develop it and it will be rubbish.
Fri 31/12/04 at 14:49
Regular
Like some people have said already, a Wind Waker engine + Tales of Symphonia battle system would be perfect.

I can imagine this being brilliant.

I've always wanted a 3D/home console pokemon RPG!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.