GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon on Cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Colosseum'.
Thu 30/12/04 at 17:25
Regular
Yep, Nintendo have announced that a GBA-style Pokemon adventure is underway for the Cube.

Now this has got me thinking two ways. It could turn out as a successful RPG, racking up the sales like it's GBA brother did ever so well.

But on the other-hand I have a feeling the exploration side of the game won't work in 3D that well. Sure, the battles will look brilliant, as Colossuem has already proved, but the other side of the game I have my doubts about. And, even though the Cube is owned by loads of kids, I have a feeling it won't sell well. Maybe because little kids will get burned if they buy it, I don't know. But I've got a doubt in the back of my mind. It's probably just me being stupid, but there we are.

I won't buy it, because even though deep down my heart is telling me I love Pokemon, my mind knows I will get burned/kicked/eaten/stroked if I do buy it.

So kids, get excited!
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:16
Regular
In Collosseum the emphasis is on the battles.

I see what you mean though, they would have to tone down the battles and make them much quicker to complete.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:18
"period drama"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> If the battles are like Colleseum it will suck, for the simple reason
> that because it's in 'glorious 3D', everything takes frikking
> ages to happen, like the 30 second intro to each damn battle
> when it only takes one 5 second move to win..

There could be something like PM2's First Strike badge which lets you kill really weak enemies instantly without even having to fight.

This time just by lobbing a pokéball at them, or your pokémon just taking the initiative and beating the half-living crap out the other poor creature without you having to lift a finger.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The moves just need to be short. None of you Blizzard 20 second rubbish. It's good the first time but after 20 times it gets VERY annoying. Developers should learn this.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:21
"period drama"
gerrid wrote:
> The moves just need to be short. None of you Blizzard 20 second
> rubbish. It's good the first time but after 20 times it gets VERY
> annoying. Developers should learn this.

Yes indeedy.
Maybe you should get a shorter version after the first few times you do it, or be able to turn them off in the options.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:25
Regular
New platform, new combat I say.

A Tales of Symphonia battle system would be perfect, you can control your pokemon directly, in real time. It's four moves would be assigned to A, B, X and Y, and along with PP they would have a cooldown period before you can use them again. When you use an item your pokemon runs back to the trainer at the side.

Simple, yet effective. And more interesting than choosing from a menu.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:29
Regular
Exactly, that or, make it fully real time so that you just run over and start beating the crap out of it.

BUt a ToS system would probably bebetter.
Aslong as they make the world graphics a bit better.

I don't like big black beetles chasing me around.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Seriously though, if you're blocked by obviously passable objects in an attempt to keep you contained, then I'd be royally annoyed. When that happens, all you get is a 2D game from a 3D perspective, and you don't gain anything except graphical snazz.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:41
Regular
What they should do, is when you use fly, you can fly wherever you want, and there's a meter to tell you where notto fly, as it's dangerou (ie, a Dragonite will fly in and kick you out of the sky)k, to stop you going were you shouldn't go.

That way, you can just fly up to the top of a hill if that's all you want.
And when you have to scale a mountain you've never been up before "Pigeot (or whoever) is too scared to fly here.

Yup yup.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:42
Regular
Oh, and you can get aerial battles.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The pokemon have to be simple and good, and there can't be 500 of them. It's much better to have fewer, better defined pokemon than hundreds of the same 5 pokemon in different suits.
Also you should get the option to be the bad guys and harvest pokemon eggs for money, or something.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.