GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokemon on Cube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Colosseum'.
Thu 30/12/04 at 17:25
Regular
Yep, Nintendo have announced that a GBA-style Pokemon adventure is underway for the Cube.

Now this has got me thinking two ways. It could turn out as a successful RPG, racking up the sales like it's GBA brother did ever so well.

But on the other-hand I have a feeling the exploration side of the game won't work in 3D that well. Sure, the battles will look brilliant, as Colossuem has already proved, but the other side of the game I have my doubts about. And, even though the Cube is owned by loads of kids, I have a feeling it won't sell well. Maybe because little kids will get burned if they buy it, I don't know. But I've got a doubt in the back of my mind. It's probably just me being stupid, but there we are.

I won't buy it, because even though deep down my heart is telling me I love Pokemon, my mind knows I will get burned/kicked/eaten/stroked if I do buy it.

So kids, get excited!
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:55
Regular
Ye, there are too many Pokemon at the moment.

Stick to the original 151 to start with I say, and then if the game is a success bring out a sequel with the Johto Pokemon in.
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:04
Regular
And no fish pokemon on land please.
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:07
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Also you should get the option to be the bad guys and harvest pokemon
> eggs for money, or something.

Oh, excellent idea, you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.

You can go around going to gyms and collecting badges to allow you to visit the Elite 4, or, you can go around, and beat up other trainers, stealing thier pokemon and their badges.
And your pokemon then get a slight evilness tothem, and evolve into other evil pokemon.
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You should also be able to steal cars and kill hookers...
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:11
Regular
After the initial 151 Pokemon they got crap and gay.

Meh, Pokemon GC should be good.
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:15
Regular
The Johto and Heonn Pokemon are basically clones of the originals.

Beautyfly = Butterfree and so on.
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Random by default"
Yeah sticking to 151 pokemon would be better, the new ones never seemed as good as them lot! Animations taking less time also a must, got too boring.

As for the walking in grass bit, isnt that basically the point of pokemon? Maybe they could have it so your walking about in grass and then pokemon rush out at you, and you can run away, if they touch you it goes into battle mode. It means you COULD pick and choose which ones you battle, but at the same time your reactions would be pretty quick not to be caught when you dont want to be. They could come flying out of trees/holes too in different places.
Add a little "stamina" thing where you can run for a certian period of time(eating/sleeping makes it last longer/faster) and the harder the pokemon are the faster they chase after you?
Thu 30/12/04 at 21:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
keep the fighting simple, I say.

Also, NOT TOO MANY MENUS.

Maybe being able to increase the power/accuracy of your moves with timed button presses, etc would add a little flair to the battles, Paper Mario style.
Thu 30/12/04 at 23:40
Regular
"I'm Great."
If even half of these good ideas were to be used be used then a great Pokemon title would be made I think. Keeping it to just 151 Pokemon would also help too I think. At a push use the extra 100 they added later as there were different types added.

All that can be done is to wait and see if any of these ideas show up in the final product. Maybe a few emails or something sent to Nintendo could help get these ideas across. Well maybe not...
Fri 31/12/04 at 00:46
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gerrid wrote:
> IT would be rubbish to be able to see the wild pokemon, because then
> you could just pick and choose what you fight. The battles have to be
> random but you have to have the option of not competing in them.

What you need is a Tales of Symphonia style "random battle" system where you get generic monster "blobs" rambling around the world map but giving no clue as to what the exact monsters are that you'll fight when you run into them (or they run into you). That way you can't cheat and wait ages for a really rare Pokémon in an area and avoid all those damn Pidgeys.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.