GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The bad side of games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/01/05 at 21:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm sure we've all played a game and been annoyed by a certain aspect of the game. Whether it be those blasted invisible walls or the fact the game is so darn linear. So the question is, what has annoyed you the most in a game?

Personally for me it's those darn 'Save the NPC' in RPG's. Virtually every time they have the most god awful AI, low stats and easily get killed by deciding against running back to my party where it's nice and safe instead opting to charge into the enemy and getting a sword through the head. I think what makes it even more annoying is that it can be solved so easily - just let the player control him/her. It's not hard
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:43
Regular
FIFA, yup, you heard me.

Oh, and I never said WHICH Final Fantasy. This is a PS1 forum, too :0P
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Reefer wrote:
> Well, most popular games are good (FIFA, Timesplitters), and some
> amazing (e.g. Metal Gear, Burnout, Final Fantasy).

Fifa's good? FF amazing? hmmmmm
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:25
Regular
Well, most popular games are good (FIFA, Timesplitters), and some amazing (e.g. Metal Gear, Burnout, Final Fantasy). Then you do get the games such as Shadow of Memories, which nobody has played, yet are simply brilliant.
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> True: 'Popular' doesn't equal 'good'.

Actually if you think about it most of the least popular games are some of the best

Pro Evo when compared to Fifa (though that's steadily changing now)
Ico
Disgaea compared to FFX

Just to name some examples
Fri 14/01/05 at 11:08
"period drama"
Although the respawning enemies only happens in certain places - there's these wolf things that explode when you kill them, and you're supposed to use the to destroy a door. But after you do, they juts keep coming.
Fri 14/01/05 at 11:05
"period drama"
I wouldn't recommend it - buy the first one a thousand times first.
With the problem I said below, and I got a massive glitch meaning I had to start the game over again, I can't be bothered to play it anymore.
Fri 14/01/05 at 01:02
Regular
"Bicycle"
Aye, but it was the reverse with the Sands of Time...
Fri 14/01/05 at 00:55
Regular
"8==="
True: 'Popular' doesn't equal 'good'.
Fri 14/01/05 at 00:50
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hmm...

PoP2 was a sure hit...

But I decided not to buy it.
Fri 14/01/05 at 00:29
Regular
"8==="
Second Sight had the old infinite enemies routine. I could accept this with soldiers in a village but when I was in a mental asylum having taken down about 200 orderlys it was making the game look bloody stupid.

Edit: Cheers for the headsup on PoP2. Think I'll avoid it like the plague.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.