GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The bad side of games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/01/05 at 21:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm sure we've all played a game and been annoyed by a certain aspect of the game. Whether it be those blasted invisible walls or the fact the game is so darn linear. So the question is, what has annoyed you the most in a game?

Personally for me it's those darn 'Save the NPC' in RPG's. Virtually every time they have the most god awful AI, low stats and easily get killed by deciding against running back to my party where it's nice and safe instead opting to charge into the enemy and getting a sword through the head. I think what makes it even more annoying is that it can be solved so easily - just let the player control him/her. It's not hard
Tue 18/01/05 at 11:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I find online deathmatches are the best for freaking me out especially when you come round a corner and right in your face is an enemy, never fail to jump at that. Stuff like when it's just one on one and you can see the enemy flag but you have no idea whether the guy is camping waiting for you to pick it up or just running around the map.

Lots of paranoia involved or maybe that's just my normal state :-D
Mon 17/01/05 at 15:04
Regular
"8==="
I'm waiting for the Xbox version. It's going to be great. Getting freaked out by games is fantastic! Like when you face 10 oncoming bulls in Serious Sam!! :D
Mon 17/01/05 at 12:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hedfix wrote:
> Also dark areas, like in the original doom, where you slowly edge in
> going 'ah crap crap crap!'. :D

you must have hated all of doom 3 then :-D
Mon 17/01/05 at 01:53
Regular
"8==="
I found the imps throwing fireballs at me lit the place up pretty well. :D
Sun 16/01/05 at 16:03
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Hedfix wrote:

> Also dark areas, like in the original doom, where you slowly edge in
> going 'ah crap crap crap!'. :D

I was a genius. I lit the room with the fire from my plasma rifle. It added to the game, because it was like fighting alien things with strobe lighting.
Sun 16/01/05 at 16:01
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Hedfix wrote:
> Well what I was implying was 'popular' doesn't ALWAYS mean 'good'.
>
> I was saying that just because a game is popular doesn't mean it must
> instantly be good therefore: 'popular' doen't equal/mean 'good'.

Yes!

> Same point as kawada.

No!
Sat 15/01/05 at 22:53
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Hate it when a game that was supposed to be good turns out not to be so good.
Sat 15/01/05 at 10:26
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I hate when you've been working on an area which is really hard, then when you do eventually get by it your ps2 crashes!
Sat 15/01/05 at 10:13
Regular
"Bahamut is mine"
i hate it when u spend like 1-2 hours trying to work out a puzzle get really mad and your like stood in front of the answer and u dont realise it until u go mad running around repeatadly bashing the command button
Sat 15/01/05 at 03:16
Regular
"8==="
Heh.

For some reason I get bothered by going into water in games, I think it's about the alien element that being under water provides, the fact your character can drown and the possibility that some big creature might suddenly snatch them away and eat them. :D

Also dark areas, like in the original doom, where you slowly edge in going 'ah crap crap crap!'. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.