GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/09/04 at 18:28
Regular
Apart from being against the law, why can't I kill someone?

I'm just interested in the answers.
Mon 20/09/04 at 14:26
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Killing people is absolutely fine. We've been doing it for thousands of years without punishment or regret, and no doubt will continue to do so far into the future.

(Oh, but you can only do this when it's 'war', because otherwise not enough other people have agreed with you that it's okay to kill someone)
Mon 20/09/04 at 12:45
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.
Mon 20/09/04 at 12:19
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Because of a desire to fit into society; society frowns upon murder and ostracises murderers. Thus we are socially conditioned not to kill our fellow man. And good thing too...
Sun 19/09/04 at 17:10
Regular
"not dead"
Because it's just not cricket.
Sun 19/09/04 at 14:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh, and...erm...

yaaaaaaaaaaar!
Sun 19/09/04 at 14:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Haven't read any replies, so this has probably been said already. As a member of the same species (you don't murder dogs and they don't murder you), you are born as equal as the next being. Therefore you have no power over their thoughts and actions. Should you wish to take them away from this plain of existance, you cannot unless they allow you to. Reasons for allowing you to remove them could be their willing it, or the need to defend yourself should you wish to remain. Simple as that. Either get along, defend yourself, or go.
Sun 19/09/04 at 14:22
Regular
In that logic, why do we sentence people to prison? If someone has committed an act of terrible crime, why do we stick them in a cell away from humanity and civilisation? Do we really have the right to judge what is civilised and what isn't?

On a grander scale, there is little difference between judging someone to lock them away and judging someone to kill them. Both have the belief that what someone has done is wrong, that they should be removed from the planet (or at least for prison, locked away from most of the planet).

So is any judgement fair, at all? By judgement of prison, a group of people decide if this person falls into standard humanity. By what I'm asking, I ask if I'm right to take it upon myself to judge a single human being and why if I so believe I cannot kill them.

And by that, why is it not fair to trust my own judgement? If they, and not directly, affect my life, do I not have the responsibility to stop them if I truly believe it's the best thing to do?
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:54
Regular
The wording of the original question is wrong anyway.
It should be "Why shouldn't I kill someone?" rather than "Why can't I?"

Just should be.

The only reason I can come up with is that you don't have the right to decide when someones life is terminated, no-one does - except teh person themselves, hence why death in all forms (except suicide) is unfair.
Sun 19/09/04 at 13:14
Regular
I wouldn't die, the world would compensate to balance itself.
Sat 18/09/04 at 23:01
Regular
Because of the yin-yang stuff.
If you kill a person who is evil, then a perfectly good innocent person will have to die to balance it out.
So if you kill your exact opposite, you may die.
Think about that now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.