GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NFL Season starts again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/09/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyone catch the Colts vs Patriots game to kick off the start of the 85th NFL season? Was a great way to start the season and i hope all the games are as entertaining. Was in a strange situation where i couldn't care who actually won this as i find New England to be horribly boring and Ty Law to be very annoying (he takes arrogance to a whole new level, he makes Jose Mourinho look like the most modest man in the world) and Indianapolis aren't much better with Peyton 'Most over-hyped player ever' Manning leading the charge.

Was good to hear the greatest commentating duo in all of sports Al Michaels and the legend John Madden back once again, no one can beat them.

But anyway the game, few interceptions thrown by Manning showing just how average he is and proving once more New England is not his favourite place (Vick and McNabb are far better) and Ty Law spending most of the game on the bench and when he did come on he got schooled by Marvin Harrison (and why Manning wasn't throwing to him more often i've no idea, he's your best reciever you muppet, use him) Great ending as well with McGuinness sacking him and leaving VanDerJagt with a hard field goal which he missed when he should have only had about a 35 yard attempt to knock threw the sticks.

Bring on the rest of the season
Page:
Mon 18/10/04 at 23:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
lalakersrule wrote:
> (Vick and McNabb are far better)

I bet you're rethinking that statement right about now

Forest Fan wrote:
> AFL?

The rattlers were a college team. The AFL doesn't exist anymore. Maybe you could support the Arizona Cardinals, but then you'd be supporting a rubbish team.

Oh and munn don't worry yet. If the seahawks can't beat the cards, THEN you should start worrying.

I hope someone comes along and beats the Pats senseless, but I don't see it happening until the superbowl, where they'll be embarassed with a 44-0 whooping by the Eagles in a spooky reinactment of my last 2 superbowls in Madden 2005...
Fri 15/10/04 at 11:09
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Anyway now the Bucs have finally won a game i'll start talking about
> the season again now :-D
>
> Anyone watch the Rams v Seahawks game. Great game, turning point i
> believe was when Wistrom dropped an easy interception. The way the
> Rams came back from 24 - 10 to win the game in overtime especially
> after the Seahawks defence had been as impressive as ever for 3
> quarters was amazing. Seahawks really threw it away though, you
> should never lose with a 2 touchdown advantage

I wasn't too happy about that.
I watched it until the end of the third quarter, so I though "YES!! Seattle'll win"
And I went to bed.
Wasn't happy at all.
(I'm a Seahawks fan now, see)

Seahawks Patriots on Sunday though, shame Sky are showing the not as good games.
And the Eagles will take on Carolina. whoopwhoop.
Carolina are crap though.
Thu 14/10/04 at 16:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AfroJoe wrote:

> Miami are awful.

Yep, now Williams has 'retired' (or in other words ran off before he's found out he's a druggie, although it's pretty obvious he is anyway)

>Buccaneers need to learn how to score TDs,

Would have helped if we didn't get rid of almost all the decent parts of our offence in the pre-season, or halfway through last season like they did with Keyshawn. Sure he was having troubles but it's better to have someone in the team who is capable of producing the goods instead of someone who can't
Thu 14/10/04 at 16:11
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Also, Lions and Jaguars are looking impressive this season. Not on the same level of play as teams like the Eagles, Patriots, Jets and Steelers (the latter two, for some reason who are amazing right now), but still doing much better than was expected of them.

Miami are awful. Buccaneers need to learn how to score TDs, and Green Bay have a terrible defense.
Thu 14/10/04 at 16:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AfroJoe wrote:

> Raiders are 2-3, but at least we took the Bucs in week 3. Har.

Was waiting for you to pop in and say that :-D Should think so after you stole Sapp from us, cheating lot you are :-D
Thu 14/10/04 at 16:01
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Didn't see the Rams-Seahawks, but it sounded like a great match. Didn't know St. Louis could still play like that... :-D

Also, the Monday Night Live game was excellent. Tennessee Titans at the Green Bay Packers. I won't say the score unless there are still people who haven't seen it yet, but it really was a top offensive game.

Raiders are 2-3, but at least we took the Bucs in week 3. Har.
Thu 14/10/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyway now the Bucs have finally won a game i'll start talking about the season again now :-D

Anyone watch the Rams v Seahawks game. Great game, turning point i believe was when Wistrom dropped an easy interception. The way the Rams came back from 24 - 10 to win the game in overtime especially after the Seahawks defence had been as impressive as ever for 3 quarters was amazing. Seahawks really threw it away though, you should never lose with a 2 touchdown advantage
Sun 12/09/04 at 12:27
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
AfroJoe wrote:
> *Pansies.
>
> :-)

11:26am, maaaaan.

:)*
Sun 12/09/04 at 12:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
yea i do think the Eagles might actually get to the promised land this year, now they've finally got some defence and also the pick up of TO was great for them. McNabb actually has someone to pass to now instead of having to run the ball from the pocket to make any gains
Sun 12/09/04 at 12:25
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Cheating? Pfft... we play a good, hard game, but don't cheat. It's the
> fans who are a bit muffed up, not the team.

Hehe yea i know just the stigma of the old Raiders teams will always stay with you :-D

> Plus you got a perfectly good swap for the Sapp. You stole my beloved
> Charlie Garner, who was incredible in Madden... [S]...although he's
> not actually as good in reality, so shhh[S]

hehe
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.