GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will Rare ever make a decent game?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/01/05 at 13:00
Regular
Banjo Pilot = sh*t
It's Mr Pants = mmmm mediocracy

It's been, what, four years since they released a game worth playing?
Tue 25/01/05 at 23:45
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> For a quick 10 minute blast I'd recommend charging through a Serious
> Sam level.

It's a great game!
Tue 25/01/05 at 23:41
Regular
"8==="
and if you find the enemies boring I suggest you try taking a few out with the weapon smash, try it on legendary or take a different approach.
Tue 25/01/05 at 23:40
Regular
"8==="
For a quick 10 minute blast I'd recommend charging through a Serious Sam level.
Tue 25/01/05 at 23:39
Regular
"8==="
Haven't played both.

If you mix up tactics and vary your approaches then the adaptable combat in Halo's great. Co-op's even better because you get to deal with the AI on two fronts, setting up crossfires and playing around with combinations (onesnipes troops whilst tyhe other rocket's vehicles, one covers whilst the other tries to grab a vehicle/make it to a door way to cover the others following move). The open areas and large number of enemies seperate it from most console FPS games.
Tue 25/01/05 at 23:36
Regular
No.

You'll achieve nothing On Halo in 10 minutes other than to wander into a section, kill the boring flood of enemies and then turn it off.
Tue 25/01/05 at 23:34
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I think you'll find Halo (single player) sucks ass.

Yeah but I still imagine, due to the structure, that if you fancy a quick 10 minute blast then Halo's your game.
Tue 25/01/05 at 23:34
Regular
I think you'll find Halo (single player) sucks ass.
Tue 25/01/05 at 23:30
Regular
I think you'll find Halo is better for quick blasts and more accessible gameplay.

Whilst Prime has more depth but requires longer bouts to get the full feeling of the game.
Tue 25/01/05 at 22:29
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Dringo wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
>
> Is the average gamer going to care about Metroid Prime or Geist?
>
> I think you'll find if Metroid Prime was given enough marketing and
> time from Nintendo it could easily appeal to the Halo generation. It
> pretty much looks like Halo in parts.
>
> And Geist reminds me of Perfect Dark a little. It is definitly an
> adult shooter.

Metroid Prime and Halo are actually quite similar in parts now that you come to mention it, but Metroid prime is definitely better.
Tue 25/01/05 at 22:17
Regular
"8==="
What might be interesting is if Nintendo gained permission to use a few licences to introduce their gameplay to the masses.

Metroid Prime from an Alien's perspective.

Zelda engine used for a forgotten realms game.

Pikmin engine used for a twisted gremlins game.

Other companies do it with successful engines allowing them to release several interesting titles in a year. Nintendo used to let Rare cannibalise thier engines to make new games, I think the tradition should continue and in a more mainstream way to cover all bases.

and the beauty of it is, it would be very easy to do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.