GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Roooooooooooney"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Well someone had to start the topic off :D

Still need a midfielder mind....

Oh well...

Rooooooooooooooney!

Plaster Ears and Fat kid to fire United to the title!!!11
Wed 01/09/04 at 15:06
Regular
Lol. Will probably use him like Scholes.

hope fergie doesnt mess about too much just to fit him in though.
Wed 01/09/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Fergie worries me when he says stuff like this......

"I can see him playing in several positions. He is a total footballer. He can play anywhere - in midfield or anywhere up front. Perhaps we won't put him in the back four!"
Wed 01/09/04 at 12:45
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> So, where does this fee of anything upto £30m suddenly come
> from, when you only get around £10m for Champions' League
> qualification into the Group Stages??

Only paying £10M straight up. Another lump next august.
Wed 01/09/04 at 12:24
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I'm delighted that we've got Rooney.

I think he's an exceptional talent... there's nothing he can't do. He works hard, and he's got the flair. Alright, perhaps we don't *need* four top class strikers, but it can't hurt. Lets not forget that with Smith being 23, Saha 24 and Rooney 19, we're not going to need any more strikers for a good few years now. With Van Nistelrooy's experience over the next few years too, our strikforce is going to be frightening.

Now, all we need is to get Gerrard as our replacement for Keane :)
Wed 01/09/04 at 12:00
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm certain Ferguson knows we don't need another striker.
Surely, as the manager taking all the heat, he knows that, if anywhere, we need help nearer the back, in midfield.

I'm sure he was after some more 'defensive' players when he was after Gill's hidden stash a little while ago...

Yet, I suppose, he must keep his mouth shut. There's little he can do.
After all, David Gill is the man in-charge of it all. If Sir Alex upsets him in even the slightest way, he could be joining Sir Bobby Robson and Frank Clark in the LMA Retirement Home soon before we know it!

His never-ending career with the club he truly loves would be over, for good. He's prolonged his retirement before, and I'm sure he'll do the same again soon. He just doesn't want it all to end...

I feel sorry for the miserable, old Scotsman. :(
Wed 01/09/04 at 11:55
Regular
stupid considering gerrard will go for this in 5-10 months time, and gerrard could help make united the force they were again,were as rooney is just another striker.
Wed 01/09/04 at 11:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Geez this has annoyed me to hell. They bloody haggle over a couple more million last year for Ronaldinho, one of the top 3 players in the world in my opinion, yet have no problem splashing 25 million for a barrel shaped, over-rated, grandma loving teenager when we already have 3 bloody strikers capable of winning the golden boot.

Once again United's transfer decisions baffle me.
Wed 01/09/04 at 10:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I can't believe this has actually happened... :(

I still don't believe this was anything other than an 'I'm bigger than you Fergie, so NERR!', 'this'll put us back on the level of Real Madrid when they signed Beckham and Owen' deal done by David Gill and the Man United directors ONLY. :P

I hate this. We don't need another high-profile footballer (let alone another striker), and, all of ten-days ago, when Sir Alex Ferguson wanted to make some signings of his own, he was told by the same man there was 'absolutely no money available to spend on new players'...

So, where does this fee of anything upto £30m suddenly come from, when you only get around £10m for Champions' League qualification into the Group Stages??

I know that's the first fee Everton will recieve, immediately, but, surely, like in Championship Manager, to close a deal like this, you've got to have the same kind of money in the bank anyway to show that you CAN fulfill such a promise at a later date, right...?

I agree with what someone else said the other day on these forums - the sooner that Yankee-bloke increases his stake to take the majority of shares in our football club, the better!

I honestly didn't think things could get a lot worse with Peter 'Oooh, how it twinkles like a star!' Kenyon out of the way... :P
Wed 01/09/04 at 08:30
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Ashman wrote:
> Sure, he had a great Euro 04

That's my point.

No he didn't

Pray tell - what did he do to make his performance so great?
He scored against a very poor Croatia, didn't he?
And oh, Switzerland?
Woah. The next Pelé for sure.

Apart from that, he did nothing.
Tue 31/08/04 at 23:51
Regular
England stats aint bad for his age.

17 games and 9 goals.

Compare with someone like Saviola (who was the worlds most expensive teenager a few years back) who took a couple of years after breaking into the Argentina team before he even scored for them. Or Cassano, who took the tag off Saviola, and he hadnt even played for Italy yet commanded a fee in excess of £20M.

Rip off, but fergie has done worse...Only paying £10M straight up so it aint that bad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.