GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Roooooooooooney"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Well someone had to start the topic off :D

Still need a midfielder mind....

Oh well...

Rooooooooooooooney!

Plaster Ears and Fat kid to fire United to the title!!!11
Fri 03/09/04 at 14:12
Regular
I doubt the Roony brand will rival the Beckham brand though.
Thu 02/09/04 at 19:53
Regular
Neó wrote:
Signing Rooney is also great in marketing terms for United as it will mean more revenue and hopefully mean more signings in the future.

Oh hell ye. As soon as you go on the man utd website

"get your rooney pre printed home shirt!"
Thu 02/09/04 at 12:38
Regular
Azul wrote:
> Ashman wrote:
> Sure, he had a great Euro 04
>
> That's my point.
>
> No he didn't
>
> Pray tell - what did he do to make his performance so great?
> He scored against a very poor Croatia, didn't he?
> And oh, Switzerland?
> Woah. The next Pelé for sure.
>
> Apart from that, he did nothing.

He scared the crap out of the French who just couldn't deal with him, as soon as he was injured in the Portugal game we fell apart.

And he was fantastic.
Thu 02/09/04 at 10:19
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Heh, you can smell the bitterness.

It's ok Kevstir, I think you should concentrate on getting a manager first before signing anyone.
Thu 02/09/04 at 09:53
Regular
"Don't let me down"
I think Rooney is over rated and couldn't beleve Newcastle were going to pay 23 million for him, in fact, i'm pleased that Man U did get him as I know we won't be blowing our money now. If you look at this whole Rooney situation, I think even at the point when Newcastle were the first team to put a offer in, most of the Geordie public didn't want him. The reasons for this are simple, we don't need another striker despite what freddy Shepherd thinks. And just because he's 18, scores against Arsenal in his debut, and has a couple of good games for England doesn't mean he's worth 30 million.

I say let Man U enjoy there moment of glory in signing Rooney. While Newcastle should get it right by the time the transfer window re-opens in January. Yes we will be the club with money in our pockets while Man U will be still paying for there much over rated striker.
Thu 02/09/04 at 09:49
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Solskjær wrote:

> I know that's the first fee Everton will recieve, immediately, but,
> surely, like in Championship Manager, to close a deal like this,
> you've got to have the same kind of money in the bank anyway to show
> that you CAN fulfill such a promise at a later date, right...?

I would have thought that you just needed to prove that you can pay the balance when agreed according to the forward forecasts and budgeting.

I'm coming down on the side of Man Utd in this case. They have effectively tied him up and wouldn't have even gone for him if Newcastle hadn't opened the door for them. They are a team that are well capable of bringing the lad on even while playing him behind the strikers and not up front.

Besides I don't believe that they should strengthen their midfield even if they do need to :D
Thu 02/09/04 at 09:22
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
lalakersrule wrote:
> So in bizarro United board land spending 24 million on Ronaldinho a
> top 3 world class player is not worth it however spending close to 30
> Million

I think it was to do with Barca wanting most of that amount upfront but with Rooney they only have to give £10 mill upfront.
Wed 01/09/04 at 20:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Totti wrote:

> So that means that he has been bought to fill in Forlan's place as
> the fourth choice striker.

So in bizarro United board land spending 24 million on Ronaldinho a top 3 world class player is not worth it however spending close to 30 Million or whatever final fee we'll get to with all these clauses in on a 4th striker makes sense?

The board have done what Wolves have done to a slightly lesser degree, had a injury crisis and so for some reason decided buying strikers was the option. So when they come back from injury, then what?

Exactly where is Rooney going to play? We all know Fergie has a heart attack at the thought of playing 2 strikers let alone 3. Smith is on awesome form at the moment so he's not getting dropped right now (though with Fergie's way of picking a squad actually Smith scoring goals could probably be the worse thing to do as a striker) Ruud will always be in the team as long as he's fit so no space there either for the barrel shaped one and let's not forget Saha looking dangerous already coming back from injury.

So that's bring me to a 4-3-1-2 system, but what would be the point of buying Rooney for that system as well seeing as we already have Giggsy, Kleberson and Scholes who could all play in that role behind the 2 strikers?

I honestly cannot see the sense in this signing at all especially when our midfield is in far greater need of a few buys.
Wed 01/09/04 at 20:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
I just feel sorry for Saha, personally. Still probably the 2nd best striker in the United side, but I doubt he'll play very often from now on.
Wed 01/09/04 at 19:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Come back Kenyon all is forgiven

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.