GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The No1 Console to own now is.........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/05/01 at 00:12
Regular
The Dreamcast!
Sega might be stopping production, but this console really is the one to be playing the top games of today.
Crazy Taxi 2 Sonic ADV 2 etc... I havent seen a Playstation 2 title yet that has Surpassed the Visuals of the DC.
This is someone speaking with years of loyalty to Nintendo too, so I would't call it biased.
Thu 17/05/01 at 20:21
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
"Stay posted for the ensuing rants between us, only on the FOG."

Yup. I can't wait, personnally. It will be fun indeed.

Thu 17/05/01 at 20:07
Regular
Spot on except for the fact that the Xbox and the gamecube will have a lot of catching up to do in Europe as sony have this Christmas all to themselves, unles the GBA can steal some thunder, but i very much doubt it!!
Thu 17/05/01 at 20:02
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
As to which console is No1, it depends where you look.

In my house, the DC reigns supreme over the PSX, I've got both, but the DC has taken over as the main console due to the great graphics.

In Japan, the DC outsold the PS2 as soon as the price went down to the equivalent of about £60 over there (lucky them, I got mine full price a couple of weeks before we got wind of the price cut..).

So No1 in terms of sales, but only briefly.

N64 selling at the moment? Don't think so, because the GC is coming out, and most are waiting with great anticipation for it.

Most powerful console is without doubt currently the PS2, but more games are required to fully show off what it really can do.

So for now you've got the PS2 for sheer power, the DC for sales (briefly), probably the PSX for most users, N64 for the most quality games available, so each console in their own right is a No1 in it's own fashion.

In a few months the X-Box and the GC will be vying for number one spot. GC has the edge with it's user base already pretty much determined by existing Nintendo fans, and X-Box has a lot to do to beat that, but Sony did it, so X-Box could too. Should be interesting, considering that I will be getting an X-Box and Grix is getting a Gamecube.

Stay posted for the ensuing rants between us, only on the FOG.
Thu 17/05/01 at 19:29
Regular
IB, do you see where the argument started now??
Thu 17/05/01 at 19:28
Regular
"Back in black"
the dreamcast never lived up to the hype, and it may juts be a flop like the saturn, the same really goes for the playsation 2, nobody seesm to talk about it... well what do you expect from the country of drugs?!!
Thu 17/05/01 at 19:25
Regular
It is poor
Thu 17/05/01 at 19:25
And pudmafia, why don't you get yourself a tagline "mate" :D
Thu 17/05/01 at 19:23
Bonus wrote:

Phantasy Star Online, the biggest piece of
> @#?$!!

EXCUSE ME?!?!?

Thu 17/05/01 at 18:51
Regular
Kingpin, better fps on dreamcast... no!!
Red Alert 2, better rts on dreamcast... no!!
Age of Empires 2, better rts on Dreamcast... no!!
Unreal Tournament online, pc version kicks @ss!!
Quake3, pc version kicks @ss!!
Phantasy Star Online, the biggest piece of @#?$!!

Why is the DC better??
Thu 17/05/01 at 18:48
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Fine keep the pc although you might not enjoy the NAFF games

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.