GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The No1 Console to own now is.........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/05/01 at 00:12
Regular
The Dreamcast!
Sega might be stopping production, but this console really is the one to be playing the top games of today.
Crazy Taxi 2 Sonic ADV 2 etc... I havent seen a Playstation 2 title yet that has Surpassed the Visuals of the DC.
This is someone speaking with years of loyalty to Nintendo too, so I would't call it biased.
Fri 18/05/01 at 18:19
Regular
"Back in black"
so nobody is gonna take on my 'games vote 2001'?
Fri 18/05/01 at 17:45
"possibly impossible"
adrian wrote:

>Also is the X-Box going to be compatiable with DC
> games as one time they said it would be. As of course the DC runs
> under Windows CE, and the X-Box could handle the graphics of the
> games, as its got the Nvidia20(I think or is it the 25, errm not
> sure) graphics chip. Which of course is the GeForce 3 chip if
> NVidia20 or the step up from the GeForce 3 if its the NVidia25.

According to most sources, no. But that won't stop other people trying...

Sega are working on versions of their games for it though,including Gun Valkyrie.
Fri 18/05/01 at 17:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I thought it was something like that.

Never knew about Megadrive or Speccy emulators. They would exactly push the DC in terms of power needed.

Also is the X-Box going to be compatiable with DC games as one time they said it would be. As of course the DC runs under Windows CE, and the X-Box could handle the graphics of the games, as its got the Nvidia20(I think or is it the 25, errm not sure) graphics chip. Which of course is the GeForce 3 chip if NVidia20 or the step up from the GeForce 3 if its the NVidia25.
Fri 18/05/01 at 17:15
"possibly impossible"
It stores the details of the first disc, the Bleem disc, in the memory and then loads the PS game as normal, but using the extra instructions of the Dreamcast.

Nice, if you ask me. It works in a similar way to the Megadrive and Spectrum emulators on the Dreamcast, both of those working well, especially playing megadrive games.
Fri 18/05/01 at 16:56
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
To play copied games for the DC you can just use a boot disk. Anyways back to Bleemcast, How does it do it? For PS2 it has the PS1 clock speed and other stuff that the PS1 had, and this is in a hardware form. PC has Bleem and as PC's have hard disks they store the software on the hard disk. But for DC how does it do it. You have a disk which you load up does this then say to the DC " Yes this is a game to play use these effects e.t.c". Then it asks you to put in the PS1 game. Then you play the PS1 game in a higher resolution and much smoother graphics than on your PS1.
Fri 18/05/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Back in black"
all this is, is a great big quality argument and i rekon we could put this into the frame of 'vote 2001'. Confused... well ok.

The Nintendo fans(s), the playstaion fan(s) and the dreamcast fan(s) set up a party, a leader and then some right and left wings and the workers, they each argue their points in their own seperate topics and put their ideas onto this section... whos with me?? well i thought it was a good idea.

Im a nintendo representive... im setting up a topic for any other nintendo fans...ok?
Fri 18/05/01 at 14:18
"possibly impossible"
Since it only lets you play the one game per Bleem disc, there isn't too much problem with playing copied CDs, although this is a danger in any disc swapping peripheral, such as the Action Replay cartridges.

TO be honest, some people who want to play copies of games are going to find a way to do it anyway, and a copy of Bleem for every game they want to play is far more expensive than an Action Replay cartridge to play anything.
Fri 18/05/01 at 14:02
Regular
I'd like to see the BleemCast! version of GT2, to compare it with M:SR.

I'll have to look out for it.

I can see a problem with it though, what happens if BleemCast! allows you to play copied PSX games? Or doesnt it allow that?
Fri 18/05/01 at 13:58
"possibly impossible"
Well, now it looks like GT2 and MGS will be appearing in a graphically enhanced form courtesy of the Bleem discs, which should officially go on sale very soon for £5.95. (information courtesy of ODM:June01)

It means that for that extra £6 per game, you get a VGA option and VMS support on the popular PSX games. This, I imagine, is welcome news for all those Dreamcast owners that wanted to play all the better Playstation games without forking out for a playstation, it's all legal and above board too. The graphical improvements shown in the screenshots are impressive, better even that the PS2 effects on normal PSX games (mainly due to the emulation being for a single game than across the whole range of PSX games) but I reserve total judgement until I've actually seen it running.

The bad news is that you will need to fork out that extra money for each game you want to emulate, but since they are 'upgraded' versions of the games then it's not too bad, especially considering that some people already have these in their collection and others can get the games pretty cheap, either from SR bargains or second hand, I personally can't wait to try MGS on my Dreamcast!

With the Bleem team ready to support many more popular games, including the Final Fantasy series, it seems that the Dreamcast is going to be getting a fatter supply of back catalogue games courtesy of Sony, just at the time that Sega are providing Sony with a couple of their own games!
Thu 17/05/01 at 22:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
Bonus wrote:
> I've got a dreamcast, gave it to my bro, my ps2 is my pride and joy,
> and how good is ZOE

I agree with you (again!) ZOE is my second favourite game ever!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.