GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The No1 Console to own now is.........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/05/01 at 00:12
Regular
The Dreamcast!
Sega might be stopping production, but this console really is the one to be playing the top games of today.
Crazy Taxi 2 Sonic ADV 2 etc... I havent seen a Playstation 2 title yet that has Surpassed the Visuals of the DC.
This is someone speaking with years of loyalty to Nintendo too, so I would't call it biased.
Tue 19/06/01 at 12:45
In fact....I think that the loading screen on the PS and PS2 have some sorta mind melting effects on the user..."must buy PS2...must buy Sony goods...must buy new TV..." etc. I think i'm on to something here...Sony-the gig is up!
Tue 19/06/01 at 12:41
It's a shame that anyone can say anything bad about the DC, sega has continually release triple A software, they have gone for originality, playability and at the same time managed to achieve some amazing graphical capabilities with the little console, look at shenmue, Jet Set Radio, MSR...the list goes on. And then Sony release an ugly, expensive box, with only two joypad ports claiming it to be the most amazing thing ever, though the machine itself is very faulty. Sony haven't even bothered with an advertising campaign, that retarded advert "welcome to the third place"-What? Go away! leave me alone. It's only selling well because of the DVD, and the success of its younger sibling, but only the Dreamcasters out there know what truly great games are... pure joy...
And as for phantasy star being rubbish!? Hmm, i bet if it had been released for the PS2 no one would say that...
Sat 19/05/01 at 10:55
pudmafia, I DEMAND you change your tagline, or i'll release your personal details to everyone here!!!
Sat 19/05/01 at 10:25
Then kid rock maybe you should think about being a gamer altogether. i mean if ya cant do driver which i nearly finished when i rented it out then maybe ya shouldn't be playing at all! but having fun with driver is fun enough and you will get there son (:)
Sat 19/05/01 at 10:21
Regular
i have a PS2 PSX N64 + PC but while only using PC for Warcraft 2 and GTA1/2/london the N^4 looks nice on my shelf not used since completing The World Is Not Enough my PSX is in my brothers room with no leads in it and my PS2 is in my conservatory(my Mums) but the game i have been playing most is Driver 2 on PS2 enough the graphics are dodgy at some times the gameplay is amazing and i still havent completed it on second to last level and always lose :-(
Sat 19/05/01 at 10:17
The dreamcast basically because the games are mint the online is mint the accesories are mint anything else?
Sat 19/05/01 at 10:10
"possibly impossible"
Out of all the systems I own, I'm playing the Playstation least at the moment. But the main reason for that is due to the terrible skipping that it decides to inflict on me all the time. I'm investigating today whether the Bleem discs are in the shops yet, so I may have a chance to get going on GT2 and MGS again soon!

The N64 still gets played enough to stop the dust gathering on it and the Dreamcast probably gets played more than the others at the moment, although considering the amount of work I've had to do around the house, none of them are currently getting played as much as I'd like!

In fact, since I'm rarely finding time to sit down these days, my Gameboy Advance is getting most of the attention, oh, and my mate's Playstation 2 when I get a chance to go around there. There are some interesting titles on the PS2, although still too few as of now, which should change pretty quickly I reckon. Once the price cuts come into play, then Sony will have much more attention focused on the PS2 and I believe we will see a flood of games appearing. Here's to September!
Sat 19/05/01 at 09:36
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I would have said DC last month but the number of kick a$$ games up for release on the Nintnedo 64 is keeping me holding on!

A year into the future Id say the GC!
Sat 19/05/01 at 05:59
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
YES!! New jimmy's who we should all admire. No biased posts just the obvious truth.
Fri 18/05/01 at 22:55
I dont have a Dreamcast or PS2, however at present I would have to say that the Dreamcast is still ahead in my books. Although since Sega has stopped production of this machine its probably only got another six months left in it before the PS2 takes over. :-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.