GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The No1 Console to own now is.........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/05/01 at 00:12
Regular
The Dreamcast!
Sega might be stopping production, but this console really is the one to be playing the top games of today.
Crazy Taxi 2 Sonic ADV 2 etc... I havent seen a Playstation 2 title yet that has Surpassed the Visuals of the DC.
This is someone speaking with years of loyalty to Nintendo too, so I would't call it biased.
Thu 03/05/01 at 00:12
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
The Dreamcast!
Sega might be stopping production, but this console really is the one to be playing the top games of today.
Crazy Taxi 2 Sonic ADV 2 etc... I havent seen a Playstation 2 title yet that has Surpassed the Visuals of the DC.
This is someone speaking with years of loyalty to Nintendo too, so I would't call it biased.
Thu 03/05/01 at 00:15
Regular
I might have sort of accepted this if it weren`t for the fact that you said visuals rather than gameplay. There are PS2 games that look as good as or better - ZOE Starfighter etc..

I may have accepted your opinion if it had been that the gameplay was better, as many have said it is. As for the price, I would again go in favour of the DC. However, the visuals, I can not agree on.

It is lucky you said "now" in your topic name, otherwise i may have gone into the usual comparison of futures thing, which always has the console that is still in production on top.
Thu 03/05/01 at 08:44
Regular
"I like cheese"
Actually, you're WRONG.

GameSpot (from ZDNet), who give the harshest ratings and are one of the biggest gaming webistes on the Internet, say that the PS2 is now the console to own, with the DC second, PSX third and N64 4th.

This is because great games are finally being released for the console, with some STUNNING visuals.

Also, Zone Of Tne Enders is supposedly the most graphically-brilliant game released yet.

'Nuff said.
Thu 03/05/01 at 08:49
Ant, as a notable I expect you to guide newbies away from posting potential 'console wars' topics in the FOG!

Yet here you are encouraging the debate.
I shall have to seriously reconsider my votes the next time the 'notable election' comes round!

:-)
Thu 03/05/01 at 09:21
Regular
Yes, reconsider your vots Tarrant, vote for me!

How come that website said the number one machine was PS2 as the visuals are getting better?

Surely the number one console should be based on the number of quality titles.

In which case, at the moment, it's fair to say the DC would win, this will change in the future, im not arguing with that.

What i am trying to say is that im surprised GameSpot used visuals as a category at all. Most games agree its the quality of the games, not the graphics. I just expected this to be reflected in a gaming web site.
Thu 03/05/01 at 10:21
Regular
"smile, it's free"
A console called Playstation 2,
For games, it had but a few,
But now the Dreamcast
Is breathing it's last,
Sony's is the best buy for you.
Thu 03/05/01 at 10:22
Regular
"smile, it's free"
*Views expressed in the preceeding lymerick are not necessarily the same as those of the author*
Thu 03/05/01 at 19:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
Your Honour wrote:
> Yes, reconsider your vots Tarrant, vote for me!

How come that
> website said the number one machine was PS2 as the visuals are
> getting better?

Surely the number one console should be based on
> the number of quality titles.

In which case, at the moment, it's
> fair to say the DC would win, this will change in the future, im not
> arguing with that.

What i am trying to say is that im surprised
> GameSpot used visuals as a category at all. Most games agree its the
> quality of the games, not the graphics. I just expected this to be
> reflected in a gaming web site.

Not just on visuals, but also because of the large amount of great titles being released soon, and the games that've already been released.

Also, Tarrant, surely what we're here for is debates?? And I'm already a Notable, I don't need any more votes. {:)
Thu 03/05/01 at 19:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
A quote from GameSpot, "The main reason to get a PS2, is because it has a brilliant future in front of it."
Thu 03/05/01 at 21:19
Regular
Has to be PS2 really.

*Waits for many argumentative posts to be laid out in front of him*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.