GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most disturbing scene in a movie?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/08/04 at 14:58
Regular
Some of you are probably aware that this topic is on Imdb but its good and I want to start it here :P
So....most disturbing scene in any movie???
Page:
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> they're full of zombies

This alone convinced me.
Sun 19/09/04 at 11:09
Regular
I'd definetly recommend Fulci films, they're old and low budget but they're full of zombies and gore and he tends to go into a lot more detail than most directors would even want too.

Only problem is don't expect the whole film to make sense, there's a lot of weird crap in them that doesn't quite add up. City of the Dead and House by the Cemetary I think are the ones that stick out as not making too much sense, you can get the main plotline but there's a lot of scenes that will just leave you stumped wondering WTF that was all about.

All the REAL Horror films that Fulci did (House by the Cemetary, City of the Living Dead, The Beyond) are uncut in the UK except for Zombie or Zombie Flesh Eaters as it's known over here. I'd definetly recommend getting Flesh Eaters uncut because otherwise you'll miss out on the whole eyeball dragged onto a wooden splinter which is just unbelievably nasty.

As for other films he did I wouldn't bother with them.
Sun 19/09/04 at 10:50
Regular
«Grëén ƒérð¢it¥» wrote:
> So are fulci films worth picking up? Are they uncut though? Because
> I've heard that many in the UK have 'uncut for the first time' or
> something on the case, yet are still edited by about 40 secs. Which
> isn't alot I know, but it can make the difference between a gory
> scene and a tame scene...

Fulci films can be bought from various stores on the "Vipco Screamtime Collection" for around £5.99 each, which isn't bad value, despite the fact that the picture quality is fairly poor on all of them and there is little in the way of extras. However, if you're a fan of Italian or low-budget horror films, I'd say it's probably worth forking out the price of a kebab and chips to get one. As far as the films go, they're all pretty dreadful, even though that's really the whole point of these kind of movies. The dubbing in most of them is hilarious also, as is the acting.

I think "The Beyond" is just about the best Fulci film out there, but the box mentions nothing about being uncut, just that it was previously banned. However, the copy I have is by far gory enough to satisfy any blood 'n' guts horror fan.

I'm actually selling "The Beyond" now on e-bay (there's about a day left until the auction ends), if you want to have a look here is the item number (just copy it to the search on e-bay): 6324224636

If you like Fulci films, then I'd recommend most of the films in the Screamtime collection. The only ones to really avoid are "Rats: Night of Terror" and the hilariously titled "Zombie Nosh".
Sun 19/09/04 at 08:50
Regular
So are fulci films worth picking up? Are they uncut though? Because I've heard that many in the UK have 'uncut for the first time' or something on the case, yet are still edited by about 40 secs. Which isn't alot I know, but it can make the difference between a gory scene and a tame scene...
Sun 19/09/04 at 08:45
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Wouldn't really call any of the film disturbing though, entertaining
> but not disturbing.

I know what you mean, I spent most of the film laughing. But the bit with the tongue ripping...that made me feel sick. Can't be doing with that kind of thing- I spent most of the first Messiah with my mouth tightly closed and my hand over it for fear of crazed serial killers wanting to remove my tongue with knives.
Sat 18/09/04 at 23:07
Regular
Dr.WatsonPostMortem wrote:
> On Irreversible:
>
> "The first 30 minutes of the film has a background noise with a
> frequency of 28Hz (low frequency, almost inaudible), similar to the
> noise produced by an earthquake. In humans, it causes nausea,
> sickness and vertigo. It was the main cause of people walking out of
> the theaters during the first part of the film in places like Cannes
> and San Sebastian. In fact, it was added with the purpose of getting
> this reaction."
>
> Cool.

Oh, that's mega cool.
River Island in Braehead shopping centre does the exact opposite, they probably heard that low frequencies drive people away, so they have this high frequency sound in the back of teh shop (that only I seem to be able to hear). however, it gives me a headache, and I have to leave the shop.

Damn River Island shop. It's the only shop I've ever been to taht does it, and it ALWAYS does it.
Sat 18/09/04 at 23:03
Regular
Well, it creates publicity.
Sat 18/09/04 at 22:55
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
The question here seems to be.........WHY???????
Sat 18/09/04 at 22:54
Regular
It's very strange. The camerawork for the first bit just spins around and around. Very nauseating when you add the low-frequency screech with it. And the end of the film is an epiletic's nightmare - a screen flashing for about a minute or two.
Sat 18/09/04 at 22:45
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
On Irreversible:

"The first 30 minutes of the film has a background noise with a frequency of 28Hz (low frequency, almost inaudible), similar to the noise produced by an earthquake. In humans, it causes nausea, sickness and vertigo. It was the main cause of people walking out of the theaters during the first part of the film in places like Cannes and San Sebastian. In fact, it was added with the purpose of getting this reaction."

Cool.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.