GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The NHS stop smoking advert"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/08/04 at 22:10
Regular
"Raw on"
I was just watching TV and saw the NHS stop smoking advert with that guy who's last wish was to see his daughter on december 13th or something and every time I see it, it makes me feel really uneasy. It's even worse listening to it on the radio. Thing is though, people who are smoking won't smoke because of it and people who want to smoke won't be put off by it.

This is just my opinion but I don't think they should show it. It's upsetting to watch and hear and it will have no effect on smokers

what's your opinion?
Tue 17/08/04 at 17:04
Regular
Well nobody likes people who smell of smoke wherever they go either. It smells dirty, and not in a sexual way.

"Anyone up for Cub!st flavour crisps? Sorry, did I say Cub!st flavour? I meant Smokey Bacon."
Tue 17/08/04 at 16:16
Regular
How witty.
Tue 17/08/04 at 15:58
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I know I know but on the other hand nobody likes a quitter ;)
Tue 17/08/04 at 15:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It'll stain your perfect white teeth Cubist.
Tue 17/08/04 at 15:28
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I think it's a bit of a downer but I've seen people light up while watching it so I don't know if it's having any positive effects. All I know is that with all the brands of fags available to us, cancer never tasted so good.
Tue 17/08/04 at 09:53
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Very_Metal wrote:

> ah but all people are different, you're just lucky enough to be one
> of the people who can give up easily (i'm assuming from your post
> that you used to smoke?) I consider myself fairly strong willed but
> i'll admit that i'm having a hard time quitting completely,
> especially socially...

Aye, suppose so. My granny smoked for 57 years, quite heavily but then she had a heart attack and stopped, and hasn't smoked since. And she isn't dead by the way.

Yet
Tue 17/08/04 at 09:46
Regular
It may not make much difference to you, but it will some people. Unfortunately in most cases the smokers have to want to quit before the adverts drive them to do so.

They have focused on the old people dying and being hooked up to machines. But they haven't shown the young...except that they'll age quicker.

They need to be more graphic, they need to be more shocking, and they need to include more younger people in the adverts.
Tue 17/08/04 at 09:39
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Edgy wrote:
>
> The whole point of it is to try to make an impact on smokers.

It wont stop people smoking. Nothing like that ever does. Take it from an ex smoker. Things like that dont scare you.
And before someone asks the reason why i kinda stopped was that the other half hated it. However do have the odd one now and again if stressed with work and such. So i suppose that still classes me as a smoker.
Tue 17/08/04 at 09:34
Regular
"you've got a beard"
RoJ wrote:
> Well, it would put people off smoking if they weren't
> "addicted". As far as I am concerned though, you are never
> truly "addicted".

ah but all people are different, you're just lucky enough to be one of the people who can give up easily (i'm assuming from your post that you used to smoke?) I consider myself fairly strong willed but i'll admit that i'm having a hard time quitting completely, especially socially...
Tue 17/08/04 at 00:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Absolutely, thats money that could be better spent on computer hardware.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.