GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The NHS stop smoking advert"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/08/04 at 22:10
Regular
"Raw on"
I was just watching TV and saw the NHS stop smoking advert with that guy who's last wish was to see his daughter on december 13th or something and every time I see it, it makes me feel really uneasy. It's even worse listening to it on the radio. Thing is though, people who are smoking won't smoke because of it and people who want to smoke won't be put off by it.

This is just my opinion but I don't think they should show it. It's upsetting to watch and hear and it will have no effect on smokers

what's your opinion?
Fri 20/08/04 at 12:22
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Matt is right people who smoke have everything coming to them. I would very much like to see the ban of smoking in public come to england.
Fri 20/08/04 at 13:28
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Buh it shouldn't pass, people have just gotten too uptight about it. It's easy to say "Oh it should be banned! It's a horrible vice!" etc etc but it's someone's personal choice and if they choose to then someone shouldn't stop them. Ok it is bad for you but so many other things are. Your Mum wasn't right in my opinion to smoke when she was pregnant with you but many mum's stop. Just because we smoke doesn't make us selfish people.

I try and be as considerate a smoker as I can be. If only some people were as considerate with their drinking or their music or whatever. We all do those things for personal pleasure despite it being bad for us but we have the right to do it even if it can irk other people. It doesn't mean we should impose a ban on it.
Fri 20/08/04 at 13:53
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Cub!st wrote:
> Buh it shouldn't pass, people have just gotten too uptight about it.
> It's easy to say "Oh it should be banned! It's a horrible
> vice!" etc etc but it's someone's personal choice and if they
> choose to then someone shouldn't stop them. Ok it is bad for you but
> so many other things are. Your Mum wasn't right in my opinion to
> smoke when she was pregnant with you but many mum's stop. Just
> because we smoke doesn't make us selfish people.
>
> I try and be as considerate a smoker as I can be. If only some people
> were as considerate with their drinking or their music or whatever.
> We all do those things for personal pleasure despite it being bad for
> us but we have the right to do it even if it can irk other people. It
> doesn't mean we should impose a ban on it.

Music isnt that bad for us i would say.
Fri 20/08/04 at 14:20
Regular
You could just say the same about Alcohol though

Alcohol eventually causes liver-damage and what not, but a lot of people still drink it.

The thing I despise the most is when people pass judgement on someone who smokes/drinks, then makes some comment on how they are superior.

"Well luckily my lungs are intact and my liver is healthy, I don't put those cancer-sticks in like you, you smoke bellowing, alcohol intoxicated piece of scum"
Fri 20/08/04 at 14:28
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
You wouldn't think so Foszy but they even wanted to set a limit on the soun level of music at clubs and enforce that all clubs have a "quiet zone". Anything that's even remotely bad for us is easy to ban but life's no fun with so many limits.
Fri 20/08/04 at 14:29
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I did Gamesfreak *points at my last post*
Fri 20/08/04 at 14:32
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I hate the Advert bless him. My 10 month old son though thinks its hillarious. everytime it comes on it makes him laugh. Maybe not if he understood the advert though. Just because of the sound of his voice.
Fri 20/08/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm not a fan of smoke filled rooms but sympathise with those saying how it's unfair to ban it in pubs/clubs etc

However, in confined spaces as airplanes etc I feel the bans are correct. And in ALL restaurants it should be banned, it is horrible to eat a meal with a side order of second hand smoke. And those who do smoke blow it away from their table into your direction. And 'smoking' sections are useless unless they're are four walls seperating it.
Fri 20/08/04 at 14:35
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Cub!st wrote:
> You wouldn't think so Foszy but they even wanted to set a limit on the
> soun level of music at clubs and enforce that all clubs have a
> "quiet zone". Anything that's even remotely bad for us is
> easy to ban but life's no fun with so many limits.

I quite like the idea of a quiet zone, go chat with someone or just drink in peace before you go mash it up on the dance floor.
Fri 20/08/04 at 14:43
Regular
Cub!st wrote:
> I did Gamesfreak

You did? When?

I feel so violated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.