GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution - movies only at E3?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/02/05 at 20:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yer according to an interview with "Toyota" Ken Toyota, Nintendo Japans PR man,

"E3 will be the starting point for the Revolution. [We haven't decided] whether we will show the real machine, videos, or unveil the concept. ... We want to receive some level of evaluation, but releasing too much information is also another issue. We don't have the slightest intention of making a machine that follows the same path as conventional game hardware. Right now, we are thinking of how we can accurately convey to people at E3 the different path that the Revolution will take and how it will change the way that games will be enjoyed."

With PS3 and Xbox 2 confirmed playable, it would be an idiotic move by Nintendo not to have some sort of hands on demonstration of the Revolution. If the reason that they keep everything movie form is because they don't have any actual playable games, then Nintendo are in trouble. With Revolution's Launch pencilled in (by us) for 12 - 18 months time, no playable software, indeed no playable hardware is a worrying sign.

If 3rd parties don't get a chance to get to grips with Revolution soon, the launch will be another 3 game Nintendo only affair, and up against stiff competition from Sony and Microsoft (despite what Nintendo like to think), their own Revolutionary games won't be enough to carry the console.
Sun 06/02/05 at 01:33
Regular
"8==="
Season 3 draaaaaaaaaags.

Season 4 appears to have it back to it's original (and best) form.
Sun 06/02/05 at 01:32
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> 24's the only thing you're missing.
>
> Do you have broadband? ;)

I do, I downloaded most of Season 3... but I got bored.

I see it's only £24.99 now on DVD. Perhaps I'll buy it, although I hear it gets a bit silly.
Sun 06/02/05 at 01:27
Regular
"8==="
24's the only thing you're missing.

Do you have broadband? ;)
Sun 06/02/05 at 01:24
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> I think I was 7 when they aired on ITV.

It used to air on ITV?

I just watched it on Sky One.

But I sadly don't have that anymore, which means no 24 either.

*Sobs*
Sun 06/02/05 at 01:14
Regular
"8==="
I think I was 7 when they aired on ITV.
Sun 06/02/05 at 01:12
Regular
I never imagined it was real. Just great entertainment. Oh how I long for my lost youth.
Sun 06/02/05 at 01:07
Regular
"8==="
I wish nobody had ever told me it was fake.

Wrestlemania 2 and UK Rampage were excellent when I was a kid.
Sun 06/02/05 at 01:04
Regular
Oh how I miss my youth where Rock made me laugh and I just wanted him to lay the smack down on Austin's texas based candy ass.
Sun 06/02/05 at 00:48
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
>
> You sound like Macintosh and Top Score. Thinking Nintendo should do
> exactly as Sony and Microsoft in order to compete. I really am
> dissapointed. Nintendo don't go about it Sony and Microsoft's way
> because Nintendo aren't Sony and Microsoft. Sure they don't sell as
> well but Nintendo's unique approach to games and gaming make me like
> them.

If yuh! SmeLlLlLlLlLlelelel what the CUUUUUUBE.. IS... COOKIN'! ;D
Sun 06/02/05 at 00:45
Regular
"8==="
I'm starting to read these long posts as if they're being spoken like smack-talk from wrestlers.

It's really quite funny. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.