GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution - movies only at E3?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/02/05 at 20:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yer according to an interview with "Toyota" Ken Toyota, Nintendo Japans PR man,

"E3 will be the starting point for the Revolution. [We haven't decided] whether we will show the real machine, videos, or unveil the concept. ... We want to receive some level of evaluation, but releasing too much information is also another issue. We don't have the slightest intention of making a machine that follows the same path as conventional game hardware. Right now, we are thinking of how we can accurately convey to people at E3 the different path that the Revolution will take and how it will change the way that games will be enjoyed."

With PS3 and Xbox 2 confirmed playable, it would be an idiotic move by Nintendo not to have some sort of hands on demonstration of the Revolution. If the reason that they keep everything movie form is because they don't have any actual playable games, then Nintendo are in trouble. With Revolution's Launch pencilled in (by us) for 12 - 18 months time, no playable software, indeed no playable hardware is a worrying sign.

If 3rd parties don't get a chance to get to grips with Revolution soon, the launch will be another 3 game Nintendo only affair, and up against stiff competition from Sony and Microsoft (despite what Nintendo like to think), their own Revolutionary games won't be enough to carry the console.
Sun 06/02/05 at 13:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
the "golden period" of wrestling is ALWAYS the first year or so that whoever you ask watched it.
Sun 06/02/05 at 13:11
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> there's only so long you can watch Wrestling for, because all the
> storylines and characters are cycled.

Yeah. I should probably point out that while I stopped watching it when I was about 12, I started watching it when I was about 11.
Sun 06/02/05 at 13:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
there's only so long you can watch Wrestling for, because all the storylines and characters are cycled. Like when Booker T came in and he was just a black Rock. The matches also get really boring because you know the formula off by heart and nothing surprises you. I remember the first ladder match at Wrestlmania 2000, it so amazing, but then they copied the formula for almost every TLC match from then on and it got boring.

I loved it when The Undertaker came back and actually cost the Rock the Ironman match at Survivor Series, against HHH.
Sun 06/02/05 at 12:57
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> I wish nobody had ever told me it was fake.

Yeah, I can relate to that.

Up until I was about 12 I used to love watching Smackdown on Saturday mornings. Then I found out it was fake, the storylines started getting crap, the fights repetitive and Mick Foley left.

The Rock will always be a bit of a legend though. "The People's Eyebrow". Hah.
Sun 06/02/05 at 12:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo I don't see why you don't agree that Nintendo need to keep up with the competition. They like to think that they can just plow their own field and whatnot, and not compete with Sony and Microsoft, but people don't have enough money to support 2 consoles.

The Nintendo fan IS the hardcore fan - the very people that you say are interested in E3. If Nintendo disappoint us, like they did back in 2000, where they didn't show the 'Dolphin' or the GBA to the public, instead focusing on their "great" software lineup, they will disappoint. This years E3 is being hyped BY EVERYONE as the battle of the next consoles. If Nintendo fail to show up, instead saying "look at our Gamecube that none of you have or want", they'll just lose even more support.

You have such faith that Nintendo will just be able to survive off their own backs, that people will buy the console just because it says "Nintendo" on it. You've already seen the amount of Nintendo fans disappointed by the Gamecube, who've left it for the Xbox, they all post here - Hedfix is one of them, and the GC hasn't had 3rd party problems. And there won't be a Spaceworld this year Dringo - Nintendo have given it up. There is nothing as big as E3. If the public don't watch E3 why would they pay attention to ECTS or the GDC? It doesn't make any sense. The press wll be reporting on E3, the unveiling of the new consoles - you can see it now "PS3 and Xb360 unveiled....Nintendo hints at Revolution". It just isn't enough.

I'm not saying that I'm fed up with the Gamecube - I'd prefer if there weren't any new consoles coming up yet, but THERE ARE. Nintendo can't just ignore it and think the GC will hold it's own. It didn't hold it's own against equal oppostion how on earth will it manage it against much much stronger competition? Because it's cheap? It's bloody cheap now! And still the PS2 and Xbox sell more. I don't CARE what Nintendo do in Japan. Less support in Europe and the UK means less attention paid to us, means less specific deals, longer waits for games etc. Everything we got with the N64.
I want to see Nintendo succeed here, where we live.

And ARG I never said there would be no 3rd party Revolution support! Why on earth do you keep saying like I did?
Sun 06/02/05 at 12:19
Regular
I need to see Revolution.

Xbox 2 is out at the end of the year and I'm still undecided which console I'm going to get. I'll only be buying one and it's out of Revolution and Xbox Next or whatever it's called.

Ninty really need to put on a good show and give me some info on 1st party titles or once again I'll go with Microsoft.
Sun 06/02/05 at 12:14
Regular
Dringo wrote:
>. Don't
> make a big deal about E3, it is essentially a show for the hardcore
> gamer, or basically the nerds that follow gaming. It is the game show
> for US. And we don't need to see Revolution yet.

You keep saying this in virtually every post.

Gaming is mainstream nowadays. People might not care about every intricate detail of what happens at the show, but they will be aware of it. Magazines and what not will feature stuff that has happened, but the thing about this years E3 will be the announcement of the PS3/Xbox2.
Sun 06/02/05 at 09:59
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
gerrid wrote:
> With PS3 and Xbox 2 confirmed playable

When was this confirmed? Have you got a link?
Sun 06/02/05 at 01:42
Regular
"8==="
Shock ending would've been good. Although there was a shock in that there wasn't a shock, but there was... :D
Sun 06/02/05 at 01:36
Regular
But Season 3 started strongly too I felt.

Although the entire Andy Milligan (or whatever) and the presidental election thing drove me mad.

And where was the shock ending I was accustom to from series one and two?

Jack Crying? Nah not having it.

And Kate's fleeting appearance was a tad dissapointing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.