GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Maniche update"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/04 at 00:09
Regular
Many of you who have observed my frenzied posts about this man will know he's a personal favourite of mine, silly hair and all. Indeed, I afford him the same level of respect I reserve for Stevie G, Mikey Owen, Joe Cole, Ryan Giggs and Andrei Kanchelskis (Effectively, these men can do no wrong). This is praise indeed. I've hoped for over a year that a Prem team will sign him. And now dirty Viera is very possibly on his way out...

[URL]http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1144567,00.html[/URL]

If he does indeed come to the Prem, I'll be so happy I might bless Colourless/Ashley by giving my approval to Adrian Mutu. Maybe.
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:22
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Solskjær wrote:
> At the very least, I'd have expected them to go for van Bommel...

HA! Van der Vaart more likely. Van Bommel doesn't deserve to play for Arsenal. He doesn't have the ability or the attraction to play for us.
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Solskjær wrote:
> I still think anyone could do far better than to sign Maniche.
> Especially a club like Arsenal.

I would accept him for the £8 mil figure throwing around.

> You're not just replacing a midfielder here... It's Patrick Vieira;
> the driving force behind your midfield; your very own Roy Keane.

Better than Keane, matey!

> If I were Arséne Wenger [Thank the Lord I'm not!!],
> personally, I'd rather go for Germany's one out-standing
> outfield player - Michael Ballack. He hasn't simply made a big name
> for himself after only 6 months of impressive football - he's been
> doing it for years, now!

Not really. I'm sure it was only this year or the year before when he had a complete flop at Munich. Besides, I don't think the way he plays is suited to Arsenal. I want a regainer and feeder, not a glory hunting, one-man show.

> He reminds me a little of Chelsea and their £24m man Didier
> Drogba.
> Who was he a year ago? Is it too much to judge him on
> one good season??

Ha. Drogba is a quality buy. He and Saha will be the best 2 youngsters in the prem next year guaranteed. Followed by Reyes and others.

> Liverpool did the same thing with El-Hadji Diouf, after the 2002
> World Cup... Look what happened there, and learn from it! :I

Well they did that with Diao and others, but it is Liverpool and Houllier we're talking about. He never really was a dab hand in the market.
:D

And we all know about your rants and raves about tournament and good form buys. Drogba is not one. Maniche probably wouldn't be one. I think Maniche would be good for Man Yoo personally.
Fri 06/08/04 at 13:40
Regular
Don or†ega wrote:
> Javier Mascherano is easily one of the best up and coming players in
> the holding position.

heh, i wrote this two days ago...and wouldnt you know it, this morning we have reports of Wenger making a bid for him!
Fri 06/08/04 at 13:12
Regular
Stryke wrote:
Ayala is about the only Argie I've seen
> who's game isn't based around the Dive and the Cheat.

You obviously dont watch much football then.

> Sign Maniche Arsene, you know you want to. This guy'll only do a
> Veron on you.

Yes, becasue portuguese players have been sooooooooo successful in the premiership...
Fri 06/08/04 at 11:48
Regular
Yeah, I've heard Wenger is after this Javier Mascherano bloke. Surely he can realise dirty cheating Argentinians don't work in the Premiership?

But I suppose if you want to replace a cheat like Vieria then you go to the nation of cheaters. Ayala is about the only Argie I've seen who's game isn't based around the Dive and the Cheat.

Sign Maniche Arsene, you know you want to. This guy'll only do a Veron on you.
Wed 04/08/04 at 22:33
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> He was a Pro Evo legend. Seriously, all football managers should just
> play Pro Evo and Champ Manager - it's all fact on there.

His stats are average on pro evo, and he's nothing special on CM either.

Javier Mascherano is easily one of the best up and coming players in the holding position. Played every game in the copa america and looked amazing in such an important role at the age of just 20.
Wed 04/08/04 at 18:43
Regular
£30 million + Pires and Lauren should do the trick.
Wed 04/08/04 at 18:37
Regular
"a.k.a King"
How much is Arsene going to pay for him???????
Wed 04/08/04 at 18:34
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Stryke wrote:
> Solskjær wrote:
> >.
>
> Who the heck was this Maniche, 12-months-ago!?
>
> --
>
> He was a Pro Evo legend. Seriously, all football managers should just
> play Pro Evo and Champ Manager - it's all fact on there.

But surely that means anyone could be a manager? Are you trying to tell me that Howard Wilkinson, David Pleat, Peter Reid and Gerard Houllier (;-p) actually have no extra special skills? They aren't super-human? I can't believe you're ruining my football dreams ;-)

GL
Wed 04/08/04 at 18:13
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
>.
>
> Who the heck was this Maniche, 12-months-ago!?

--

He was a Pro Evo legend. Seriously, all football managers should just play Pro Evo and Champ Manager - it's all fact on there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.