GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Maniche update"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/04 at 00:09
Regular
Many of you who have observed my frenzied posts about this man will know he's a personal favourite of mine, silly hair and all. Indeed, I afford him the same level of respect I reserve for Stevie G, Mikey Owen, Joe Cole, Ryan Giggs and Andrei Kanchelskis (Effectively, these men can do no wrong). This is praise indeed. I've hoped for over a year that a Prem team will sign him. And now dirty Viera is very possibly on his way out...

[URL]http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1144567,00.html[/URL]

If he does indeed come to the Prem, I'll be so happy I might bless Colourless/Ashley by giving my approval to Adrian Mutu. Maybe.
Sat 07/08/04 at 10:26
Regular
"The Red Shift"
down wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> Solskjær wrote:
> At the very least, I'd have expected them to go for van Bommel...
>
> HA! Van der Vaart more likely. Van Bommel doesn't deserve to play
> for
> Arsenal. He doesn't have the ability or the attraction to play for
> us.
>
> They play different positions though, van Bommel more the Vieira
> role, van der Vaart more the Pires role, and to be quite honest, I
> don't think Arsenal need MORE left wingers.

Van der Vaart is not really a left winger as such. I think you've been playing too much champ man!
:D

He's more of the head of a diamond or generally attacking midfielder in the centre of the pitch who is a wizard of a dribbler and can shoot and pass too. However, should we buy him, which I'm not particularly saying we should, we would need a further defensive midfielder.

Whoever we buy, it shouldn't be Van Bommel.
Sat 07/08/04 at 10:23
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Perhaps, if they wernt both the wrong side of 25!
>
> Saha's Birthday on sunday by the way (will be 26)
>
> Hopefully will pop up with a goal or two against the gooner scum! ;-)

Fine. I'll reiterate by saying: Saha and Drogba will be the best 2 strikers, only to be beaten by Henry and Possibly Van/Shearer.
Sat 07/08/04 at 05:06
Regular
Oh yea would like to add I don't think we should ONLY buy Maniche to replace Vieira simply because he needs time to adapt and no way is he the same kind of player as him.
Sat 07/08/04 at 05:00
Regular
I would like to see Carrick play for us, he should of left when Lampard did to develop himself but obviously he wasn't allowed to. This is a chance in a lifetime for him if Arsenal do go for him because I can see Arsene doing a brilliant job developing on what is a young talent that hasn't reached his potential.

It would be good to see some good and young English talent bought for once after seeing the English fighting spirit and hardwork that we had with Parlour leave the club.
If Vieira does indeed leave I like to see Maniche AND Carrick/Hargreaves signs for us just so spaces left by him and Parlour are filled..
Sat 07/08/04 at 02:13
Clazon wrote:
> Solskjær wrote:
> At the very least, I'd have expected them to go for van Bommel...
>
> HA! Van der Vaart more likely. Van Bommel doesn't deserve to play for
> Arsenal. He doesn't have the ability or the attraction to play for
> us.

They play different positions though, van Bommel more the Vieira role, van der Vaart more the Pires role, and to be quite honest, I don't think Arsenal need MORE left wingers.
Sat 07/08/04 at 01:31
Regular
Not that it matters that much.. STAND UP FOR THE CHAMPIONS!
Sat 07/08/04 at 00:53
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> Ha. Drogba is a quality buy. He and Saha will be the best 2
> youngsters in the prem next year guaranteed.

Perhaps, if they wernt both the wrong side of 25!

Saha's Birthday on sunday by the way (will be 26)

Hopefully will pop up with a goal or two against the gooner scum! ;-)
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:27
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Ignore these last few posts however, cos Paddy ain't going.
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:26
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Don or†ega wrote:
> Javier Mascherano is easily one of the best up and coming players in
> the holding position.
>
> heh, i wrote this two days ago...and wouldnt you know it, this
> morning we have reports of Wenger making a bid for him!

It's not such a big leap to go from good midfielder to replacement for Vieira, but well played sir.
:)
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:24
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Stryke wrote:
> Ayala is about the only Argie I've seen who's game isn't based around
> the Dive and the Cheat.

You obviously haven't seen him before. He hand-balls, climbs over people, stamps, punches, throws elbows and swears like a trooper.

I guess he's a very big assesst for the team he plays for, but he's scum to all others.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.