GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Maniche update"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/04 at 00:09
Regular
Many of you who have observed my frenzied posts about this man will know he's a personal favourite of mine, silly hair and all. Indeed, I afford him the same level of respect I reserve for Stevie G, Mikey Owen, Joe Cole, Ryan Giggs and Andrei Kanchelskis (Effectively, these men can do no wrong). This is praise indeed. I've hoped for over a year that a Prem team will sign him. And now dirty Viera is very possibly on his way out...

[URL]http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1144567,00.html[/URL]

If he does indeed come to the Prem, I'll be so happy I might bless Colourless/Ashley by giving my approval to Adrian Mutu. Maybe.
Mon 09/08/04 at 23:44
Regular
he looks like the long lost member of O-Zone in that pic!
Mon 09/08/04 at 23:15
Regular
Sorry, just had to post this link

[URL]http://www.fcporto.pt/English/infomaniche_eng.asp[/URL]

The middle picture of Maniche is superb. It cracks me up. What's he doing, trying to get a modelling contract.

Go Maniche. Make me like Arsenal.
Sun 08/08/04 at 15:15
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Stryke wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> dribble (only person I've seen do a 360 live)
> --
> Not watching Ronaldo at the F.A. Cup final then?

A) Nope. Had a sporting match to participate in, which would be more fun considering it was Man Yoo and Millwall.

B) VdV did his like a season and a half ago. Including 4 stepovers and 3 nutmegs all in one run, only to make the keeper pull off a save low to his right.

> I want to see 2 new faces at
> the club. VdV being one. Another being a defensive mid.
> --
> VdV and The Maniche. A good combination.

Indeed

> But they'd both fall to the
> Way of The Cheat like most of Arsenal's players do. Tis a sad
> phenomenon.

Not really. Tis the foreigners who bring it into the english game ye see.
Sun 08/08/04 at 15:07
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> dribble (only person I've seen do a 360 live)

--

Not watching Ronaldo at the F.A. Cup final then?

--

I want to see 2 new faces at
> the club. VdV being one. Another being a defensive mid.

--

VdV and The Maniche. A good combination. But they'd both fall to the Way of The Cheat like most of Arsenal's players do. Tis a sad phenomenon.
Sun 08/08/04 at 14:56
Regular
"The Red Shift"
down wrote:

> He is a left winger! For Holland, perhaps not, but when I saw him
> play about four or five games a couple of seasons ago that was his
> role, one game I watched last season he played there as well. I've
> only seen him play in the 'Zidane' role once or twice.
>
> Whatever, I suppose he's talented in any attacking position, but what
> I was saying is he's far too attacking to replace Vieira.

Van der Vaart isn't a left winger. He's left footed yes, but Holland bung him out there cos they don't play a diamond and have Davids and Seedorf in the middle already. Ajax play with a diamondy shape in midfield which VdV is the head of. He gets alot of ball which he can pass (brilliantly), dribble (only person I've seen do a 360 live) and shoot(fierce, low-ish hard shots).

I agree he's too attacking to replace Vieira, but Vieira would free up cash and as I've said. If he does go, I want to see 2 new faces at the club. VdV being one. Another being a defensive mid.
Sun 08/08/04 at 14:36
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> By that logic Harry's taking over from Stevie for you.
>
> :p

--

Stevie never cheats, but even his mighty will cannot reign in the super-cheat of the Kewell. If Harry ever takes over the captaincy (God, that's a horrible thought) expect everyone to follow the Vieria Way :)
Sun 08/08/04 at 14:30
Clazon wrote:
> down wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> Solskjær wrote:
> At the very least, I'd have expected them to go for van Bommel...
>
> HA! Van der Vaart more likely. Van Bommel doesn't deserve to play
> for
> Arsenal. He doesn't have the ability or the attraction to play for
> us.
>
> They play different positions though, van Bommel more the Vieira
> role, van der Vaart more the Pires role, and to be quite honest, I
> don't think Arsenal need MORE left wingers.
>
> Van der Vaart is not really a left winger as such. I think you've
> been playing too much champ man!
> :D
>
> He's more of the head of a diamond or generally attacking midfielder
> in the centre of the pitch who is a wizard of a dribbler and can
> shoot and pass too. However, should we buy him, which I'm not
> particularly saying we should, we would need a further defensive
> midfielder.
>
> Whoever we buy, it shouldn't be Van Bommel.

He is a left winger! For Holland, perhaps not, but when I saw him play about four or five games a couple of seasons ago that was his role, one game I watched last season he played there as well. I've only seen him play in the 'Zidane' role once or twice.

Whatever, I suppose he's talented in any attacking position, but what I was saying is he's far too attacking to replace Vieira.
Sun 08/08/04 at 13:36
Regular
"The Red Shift"
By that logic Harry's taking over from Stevie for you.

:p
Sat 07/08/04 at 15:03
Regular
Nah, Arsenal need a captain that can lead them in The Way Of The Cheat, Vieria style. Therefore it must must be Pires.
Sat 07/08/04 at 10:36
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I think the best bet of buying a midfielder, which we currently don't need to do, is to give Wenger a relatively small amount of money and allow him to buy 2 relatively known youths and then mould them. He seems to be the best at that of almost all managers.

A player like Marchena or Perrotta are a rare bread of continental players I'd think would fit the feisty role. No-one else has really shown them selves good enough in La Liga or Serie A. (Obviously this is said with a relatively small amount of cash available and the codition that the player is a possible target, therefore no-one saying "Zidan and Totty mate !11!!1!1")

I think the captaincy would be more of a problem in general circumstances. Cos no matter the time or match, you have a captain on the pitch. You need a captain in the side and I'm not a big supporter of buying a captain. Therefore the obvious choice would be the Sol man until someone shows they have the right credentials to do it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.