GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I can't understand Chelsea FC."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/07/04 at 20:20
Regular
Why do they just keep buying very good players, when they could buy excellent players with the near "unlimited" funds they have to spend with. I mean, they've just bid 24 million for Drogba, OK he is a very good striker, but, quite frankly, Chelsea could easily do better. Your views on this?
Thu 15/07/04 at 23:09
Regular
"Colourless"
Foreman wrote:
> Anyways, if I was Chelsea manager and had all this money to spend I'd
> have this team:
>
> Might not seem very good, but I'd like to see what they'd play like.
>
> GK - Cudicini - Yep
> LB - A. Cole - Nah, Bridgey
> CB - Terry - Yep
> CB - Stam - Willie, definitely...
> RB - G Neville - Ha. No.
> LM - Bridge - Duff
> CM - Lampard - Yep
> CM - Ronaldinho - Yep
> RM - Wright-Phillips - Gronks...clearly
> ST - Kezman - Yep
> ST - Owen - Ha. No. Eidur please.
Fri 16/07/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Owen hit his prime against Germany, been steadily going downhill ever since. :-D

And to think at one time Madrid were talking about spending 60 million quid on him
Fri 16/07/04 at 17:38
Regular
Owen, past it? Play Eidur Gudjohnson instead of him? Silence.

Just because Owen didn't score for a few games in Euro 2004 is no reason to write him off. He created 3 goals, and scored a superb goal. Rooney created none, scored a header knock-in, a basic one-on-one, a lucky bounce off the keeper, and a simple drive.

Owen still managed to score 14 in the Premiership despite having being injured for a good while and being under a lacklustre manager that didn't inspire him to play.

Rooney wasn't injured and still didn't score much. Admittedly, there's a difference between being supplied by a perfect Stevie pass or the Everton midfield, but the point remains: Owen is better than Rooney.
Fri 16/07/04 at 18:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
Wow, for once I find myself agreeing with Stryke. :P
Fri 16/07/04 at 18:02
Regular
Course you do. Next, we shall together argue the case of Stevie Gerrard being better than Patrick Viera :)
Fri 16/07/04 at 18:07
Regular
"I like cheese"
Har. :D
Fri 16/07/04 at 18:16
Regular
Don't laugh! I have only just discovered you are a fellow Red. We'll have none of this "Patrick Viera=best midfielder in the world" rubbish that Real Madrid seem to be spouting. Chelsea knew what was what, but Stevie shall never leave.

Especially after he lifts the European Cup thanks to a Salif Diao hatrick.
Fri 16/07/04 at 18:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Stryke wrote:
>>
> Especially after he lifts the European Cup thanks to a Salif Diao
> hatrick.

Salif Diao is one of those players that just went 'bleurgh' into the footballing void. hahahahaha.
Fri 16/07/04 at 18:33
Regular
Really? I hadn't noticed.
Fri 16/07/04 at 23:46
Regular
"Colourless"
Stryke wrote:
> Owen, past it?

Yes

> Play Eidur Gudjohnson instead of him?

Definitely.

> Silence.

Eh?

> Just because Owen didn't score for a few games in Euro 2004 is no
> reason to write him off.

He was crap. That's why I putting him down.

> Rooney created none

You can't claim the goal and an assist now can you....?

> and a simple drive.

That was a great strike. Just because he's from the blue side of Merseyside, doesn't mean you shouldn't give him credit when in an England shirt.

> Owen still managed to score 14 in the Premiership despite having
> being injured for a good while and being under a lacklustre manager
> that didn't inspire him to play.

And how many chances did he miss? I remember one, where he hit the bar from 1 yard out...?

> but the point remains: Owen is better than Rooney.

Not currently. Owen used to be a genius. Now he is tame. That strike against Switzerland proved it. From the same positions, Owen passed it back to their keeper, and Rooney hit a great shot and scored....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.