GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I can't understand Chelsea FC."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/07/04 at 20:20
Regular
Why do they just keep buying very good players, when they could buy excellent players with the near "unlimited" funds they have to spend with. I mean, they've just bid 24 million for Drogba, OK he is a very good striker, but, quite frankly, Chelsea could easily do better. Your views on this?
Tue 13/07/04 at 20:20
Regular
Why do they just keep buying very good players, when they could buy excellent players with the near "unlimited" funds they have to spend with. I mean, they've just bid 24 million for Drogba, OK he is a very good striker, but, quite frankly, Chelsea could easily do better. Your views on this?
Wed 14/07/04 at 00:37
Regular
"Colourless"
aaron1629 wrote:
> Why do they just keep buying very good players, when they could buy
> excellent players with the near "unlimited" funds they have
> to spend with. I mean, they've just bid 24 million for Drogba, OK he
> is a very good striker, but, quite frankly, Chelsea could easily do
> better. Your views on this?

Name an excellent player, that we:

a) haven't got
b) would actually leave their current club.
Wed 14/07/04 at 11:01
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
anelka this morning wants to leave man city
rooney would leave for enough money
u cud hav got davids but inter got him(yay)
vieri could have been bought from us b4 we bought adriano
owen would leave liverpool
looks like vieira may leave

the list is loooooong
Wed 14/07/04 at 11:10
Regular
"Colourless"
Vampyr wrote:
> anelka this morning wants to leave man city

HAHA. Why on earth would we want him? All he'd do is start fights and demand more money. Drogba over him any day.

> rooney would leave for enough money

No.

> u cud hav got davids but inter got him(yay)

Would anyone choose him over Super Frank....?

> vieri could have been bought from us b4 we bought adriano

How many goals did he score in Euro 2004. Too old.

> owen would leave liverpool

HAHAHAHAAH. We said good players.....

> looks like vieira may leave

He wont. And even if he did in like 4 years time, he wouldn't come to Chelsea.

> the list is loooooong

No it's not.
Wed 14/07/04 at 11:18
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I don't rate Didier Drogba quite as highly as everyone else seems to right now. Fair enough, he did have a brilliant last season in the Champions' League alone with Marseille - but, is that all it really was, this one-year?

I know he's still quite young, but how many people knew who he was before he made a name for himself in Europe? Is he really worth over £20m after one good season? We've seen this kind of thing happen many times before with players failing to deliver after one good year. Look at Michael Ricketts' Bolton-inspired move to Middlesbrough...

And, even after a number of years in Serie A and with Argentina, we found out Hernan Crespo was just an over-rated waste-of-space after all, didn't we. He couldn't cut it in the Premiership?

Will Drogba be the same? El-Hadji Diouf; Titi Camara... Not all players make the transition from French Football to the Premiership quite as smoothly as you'd like to hope - and, even after a good start, Fabien Barthez completely lost it.

They're currently tying up the deal for Marteja Kezman, and there's more speculation Ronaldo may be unhappy at Real Madrid - could indeed be the biggest single-player waste of money yet...
Wed 14/07/04 at 11:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Why can't he be worth 20 million after one good season? Rooney had one good tournament and suddenly he's worth 40-50 million pounds
Wed 14/07/04 at 12:03
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Heh, very good point! ;D

At least it's only Abramovich's money, and not United! ;)
Wed 14/07/04 at 12:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea seeing as it's easier to get a degree in advanced quantum physics then it is to get money off the United board. (unless of course it's for the youth team in which case money is no object, i tells ya United will be wiping the floor with everyone come 2010 :-D)
Wed 14/07/04 at 12:41
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> And, even after a number of years in Serie A and with Argentina, we
> found out Hernan Crespo was just an over-rated waste-of-space
> after all, didn't we. He couldn't cut it in the Premiership?

12 goals from 21 starts is hardly a waste of space in a heavy squad rotational club.

And in the prem he only started 13 and scored 10.
Wed 14/07/04 at 12:48
Regular
Looks as if he's gone anyway.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=10368&progr=12

Be sooooo funny if they get knocked out of the champions league with Crespo scoring morientes style!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.