GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I can't understand Chelsea FC."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/07/04 at 20:20
Regular
Why do they just keep buying very good players, when they could buy excellent players with the near "unlimited" funds they have to spend with. I mean, they've just bid 24 million for Drogba, OK he is a very good striker, but, quite frankly, Chelsea could easily do better. Your views on this?
Fri 16/07/04 at 23:47
Regular
"Colourless"
Ant wrote:
> Wow, for once I find myself agreeing with Stryke. :P

And I have no idea why.....
Sat 17/07/04 at 00:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Stryke wrote:
> and scored a superb goal.

Saw a different goal to me then, all i saw was him getting himself in a bad position for the ball and got lucky with a simple flick on any decent keeper could have saved.

> Rooney created none,

Miss the Croatia game then when he headed over for Scholes goal?

scored a header knock-in, a basic
> one-on-one, a lucky bounce off the keeper, and a simple drive.

Doesn't matter how he scored them at least he was scoring goals unlike Owen, and a simple drive? Again what game were you watching, granted the keeper had wrists like Graham Norton but still a cracker of a goal

> Owen still managed to score 14 in the Premiership despite having
> being injured for a good while and being under a lacklustre manager
> that didn't inspire him to play.

Strange i thought him getting paid all that money and bringing success to the club he plays for should be all the incentive he needs.
Sat 17/07/04 at 00:31
Regular
Vieira IS the best CENTRAL midfielder in the world not midfielder.. they seemed to interpret it wrongly cos Zidane is the BEST RIGHT sided midfielder in the world if not the probably the BEST midfielder in the world.
Sat 17/07/04 at 00:41
Regular
I don't rate Viera very highly tbh.
Sat 17/07/04 at 00:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Since when is Zidane a right sided midfielder? Could have sworn it was Figo or Beckham over on the right side of the pitch for Madrid last year.
Sat 17/07/04 at 01:25
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Zidane is the best attacker midfielder
Sat 17/07/04 at 02:39
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> Since when is Zidane a right sided midfielder? Could have sworn it was
> Figo or Beckham over on the right side of the pitch for Madrid last
> year.

Oh yea sorry :p
He's right footed though.. but nevermind he's the BEST midfielder in the world.
Sat 17/07/04 at 10:32
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Damarus wrote:
> I don't rate Viera very highly tbh.

Remind me how?

He has the holding ability in the centre of midfield to hold any Arsenal team together.
Sat 17/07/04 at 10:49
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:

> Saw a different goal to me then, all i saw was him getting himself in
> a bad position for the ball and got lucky with a simple flick on any
> decent keeper could have saved.

--

What? He turned brilliantly, and Ricardo (who was goalkeeper of the tournament, by the way) could do nothing. Rooney would've tried to bring it down and then tried to drive it. Like he always does.

--

> Miss the Croatia game then when he headed over for Scholes goal?

--

Owen created that goal with his work at the post and the chip-up. Rooney was probably going for goal.

--

> Strange i thought him getting paid all that money and bringing
> success to the club he plays for should be all the incentive he
> needs.

--

Players need motivating. AT least he doesn't sulk like a little baby when the manager subs him off because he's not performing. Ever seen Moyes taking Rooney off? He goes all red-faced and sulks, then waddles away into the tunnel.

I'm not saying he's not a decent player. He is. He just doesn't have the finesse of Owen. Rooney couldn't have scored the Portugal goal.
Sat 17/07/04 at 10:53
Regular
Colourless wrote:
>> That was a great strike. Just because he's from the blue side of
> Merseyside, doesn't mean you shouldn't give him credit when in an
> England shirt.

--

I'm Welsh, so what people do in an England shirt means nothing to me. And him being from Goodison doesn't matter internationally. When Rooney's been scoring 1 in 2 consistently for 6 years, then let's give him Owen-esque stature. Never judge a player by one tournament, otherwise you'd end up signing Kleberson or El-Hadji Diouf.

--

>> And how many chances did he miss? I remember one, where he hit the
> bar from 1 yard out...?

--

And how many did Rooney score again? That bright young talent?

--

> Not currently. Owen used to be a genius. Now he is tame.

--

Dear me, remember the old phrase. Form is temporary, class permanent. Owen is still a genius, he just lacked a bit of confidence in front of goal in the first group stages. He made up for it by creating goals, drawing defenders, making spaces for your 'wonderboy.'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.