GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I can't understand Chelsea FC."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/07/04 at 20:20
Regular
Why do they just keep buying very good players, when they could buy excellent players with the near "unlimited" funds they have to spend with. I mean, they've just bid 24 million for Drogba, OK he is a very good striker, but, quite frankly, Chelsea could easily do better. Your views on this?
Sat 17/07/04 at 22:41
Regular
"Colourless"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Even so, he still managed 11 in 21 prem games this season.

Prem's the easiest league in the world...

C'mon, even Her Nan's Crappo scored 12....

:P
Sat 17/07/04 at 18:42
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Rooney was amazing in Euro 2004 and was our best player. I'd have chosen him to start for England, but I still wouldn't of dropped Owen.

Owen was still getting in good positions., even though he wasn't scoring.

He's just having a bad patch and I wouldn't be surprised to see him as one of the top 3 leading goalscorers this season.
Sat 17/07/04 at 17:59
Regular
Of course I'm right :)

I'm not sorry Heskey's gone. Baros was the best partner for Owen. I know a lot of people say you should play the big target man with the quick little striker, but Heskey wasn't right for Mikey.
And he spent too much time on the ground, heh.

Cisse, now. He's big. And he's got pace. Which should hopefully equal people like Sol Campbell marking him and Mikey nipping in and leaving Lehmann for dead. Three times in a row. To win the Premiership.

That's what'll happen. Obviously.
Sat 17/07/04 at 17:54
Regular
"I like cheese"
Stryke's right...it was the same with all my mates.

"Awww Owen is crap Rooney is the best!"

Before Portugal I told them Owen would finally show what he's capable of...and he scored a wonderful game - the type of goal that he's been scoring for the past few years.

Suddenly I get texts and see people's name on MSN, "oooh we love you Owen!! Owen's great!"

You want to drop Owen from the England side? We'd get no where. That Lil Bro guy said Defoe should've been picked ahead of him...what an utter load of BS. What the hell has Defoe ever done? No doubt he's a good player but when you have an international and club record like Michael Owen has, then you can consider playing up front. People seem to forget all the qualification games we have to play to be in these tournaments in the first place, and Owen has certainly scored some very important goals that have saved us, with his feet and his head.

Half the reason Rooney performed so well was because of Owen. If Owen hadn't been playing Rooney wouldn't have scored at least half of his goals, and therefore England would have been out at the group stage.

I hope he's not plagued by injury next year...it's a shame his relationship with Heskey is finished, but I can see him performing really well with Cisse.
Sat 17/07/04 at 17:29
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Don or†ega wrote:
> Owen hasnt lost it. Just had a crap season. Mostly down to injury.
> Least amount of games he's played for Liverpool this season just gone
> since he first burst onto the scene in 97.
>
> Even so, he still managed 11 in 21 prem games this season.

And if someone showed him how to take a pen he'd have got even more ;-p

GL
Sat 17/07/04 at 16:20
Regular
Owen hasnt lost it. Just had a crap season. Mostly down to injury. Least amount of games he's played for Liverpool this season just gone since he first burst onto the scene in 97.

Even so, he still managed 11 in 21 prem games this season.
Sat 17/07/04 at 15:48
Regular
Hey, someone else who likes Owen! Well played GL.

Muh, you guys will probably say Rooney's finished if he only scores once in Germany 2006. Jermain Defoe will come on as a sub, scores two in a half and he's the FUTURE of English football. Rooney? On the scrapheap at 20. Owen - maybe he scores 3 goals, one of which is superb. And then you all say "We've always known Owen was sheer class, much better than Rooney! And he's only 26! He'll outscore Charlton, no worries."
Sat 17/07/04 at 14:01
Regular
"Colourless"
The GingerLord wrote:
> Agreed, but that doesn't make Owen the scapegoat.

I'm not blaming Owen for our poor performance in Euro 2004. I'm just saying he is now lame and no where near the player he used to be. He's lost that cutting edge as a striker.
Sat 17/07/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The GingerLord wrote:

> Agreed. But as someone said earlier - Form is temporary, but class is
> permanent. Owen is class. Let's just hope (as much as I hate
> Liverpool) that Benitez gets them playing well, so that he goes to
> Germany in 2006 with tonnes of confidence. Rooney will be at a big
> club by then too, so we might see something special....
>
> ...of course we've been saying that for years now. But we need our
> dreams don't we? ;-)
>
> GL

I think the day England has two strikers firing on all cylinders will be the day Victoria Beckham shuns the spotlight. Maybe Benitez will get him back to his best because as of now Owen is looking nothing like that player Madrid were prepared to offer 60 Million for a few years back.
Sat 17/07/04 at 13:50
Regular
"I love Dave music"
lalakersrule wrote:
> He hasn't he's only played 18 games, i was being mischeivous :-D

Cheeky monkey! ;-p

> But he hasn't been doing anything special with those one or two
> chances for quite a while now. I think that shot against the Croats i
> think it was where he just tamely scuffed it along the ground to the
> keeper summed him up perfectly as of late.

Agreed. But as someone said earlier - Form is temporary, but class is permanent. Owen is class. Let's just hope (as much as I hate Liverpool) that Benitez gets them playing well, so that he goes to Germany in 2006 with tonnes of confidence. Rooney will be at a big club by then too, so we might see something special....

...of course we've been saying that for years now. But we need our dreams don't we? ;-)

GL

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.