GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Michael Schumacher - Greatest driver ever"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/07/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
6 times world champion (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003), 80th race wins........... can anyone stop him?
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
6 times world champion (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003), 80th race wins........... can anyone stop him?
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
No.

No one can stop him.

At least one of the greatest ever...he just pulls it out when he needs it. There's no doubt he has a good car underneath him, but to go from fourth to first just like that?

It's an honour to be alive to watch him.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
This batch of drivers won't stop him. He hasn't had a decent rival since Hakkinen and what with him being in the fastest car and the only driver that is able to compete with him not actually allowed to then i can see Schumacher just walking off with another world title.

Stick Montoya in a Ferrari and it'd be quite interesting.
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:25
Regular
An honour but a huge bore.
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:30
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
It's not the car, his naturally gifted
Mon 12/07/04 at 13:02
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I actually agree with Lakers for once. He has got a much more powerful car and Barrichello just lets him win. I think that Schumi is a brilliant driver and is possibly the greatest ever, but if you stuck him in a less powerful car then maybe he wouldn't win everything.
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:09
Regular
You seem to forget that Schumacher wasn't always in a Ferrari...and even then he won the World Championship.
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I didn't forget, I just didn't know. When was this?
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
He was in the Benetton for quite a while, still won the World Title...was it twice?

And there must be a reason why he's in the best car with the best pay...
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
1994 - Close Championship marred by the deaths of Senna and Ratzenberger and the accident that put Wendlinger in a coma at Monaco. Schumacher did have an underpowered car as he was up against a V10 in the Williams against his V8. However, Schumacher did ram Hill leading to Schumacher winning the title. Although he tried the same move on Villeneuve in 96 and lost, he was stripped of his points. Should Hill have been a 2 times champion then?

1995 - A walk in the park as Williams kept having hydraulics problems meaning there was no real challenge. He was on an even playing field now as both Benetton and Williams had Renault V10's

2000 - It took a while after his Ferrari move to get back to the top but he did it after Ferrari decided to focus solely on Schumacher. Pretty evenly matched with Ferrari and McLaren.

2001 - Williams were starting to make a comeback but unreliability was their major problem. When your main challenger is Coulthard, it's a pretty easy season. Hakkinen had no real drive for the sport by this point.

2002 - A walk in the park as Ferrari had way the best car and tyre combination in what a totally one sided Championship.

2003 - Ferrari's 2002 was still better than most newer offerings so when they upgraded, they were still the best car although some more teams were catching up. Raikkonen ran him close.

I think the real show of Schumacher's ability has come in the last couple of seasons. He is the only driver at the moment that can put in a string of monster laps when in clear traffic between pit stop windows to give him an advantage of not having to overtake people on the track. Whether that is down to the car or his ability to drive fast on old tyres remains to be seen. He's the only one that does it.

Can he be stopped? Yes, he can but no one can deny that he is one of the best.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.