GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Michael Schumacher - Greatest driver ever"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/07/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
6 times world champion (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003), 80th race wins........... can anyone stop him?
Fri 16/07/04 at 21:44
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
I'm not being nasty, but I've never seen a woman who is so into car racing.
Sat 17/07/04 at 09:21
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
cRaCkHeAd wrote:
> Michael Schumacher is boring, I say let someone else win........

The main problem here is tyres. Look at how Bridgestones perform compared to Michelins over several laps- the hold more grip for longer. The Michelin-shod teams are nearly equal in qualifying, but don't come close in races. Granted, the Ferraris are more efficient in the realms of aerodynamics and power, but tyres make the difference- if all the teams used one make of tyre, lap times would be far closer, as would be the racing. Champ Cars is very dumbed down, seeing as all the equipment is bought and not developed by the teams, but having one type of tyre does help make racing closer, as has been proven a few years ago, when there was a choice of engines in Champ Cars (ie not like now, when there is just a Ford-Cosworth; there used to be engines from Mercedes-Ilmor, Toyota and Honda as well).
Sat 17/07/04 at 12:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Champ Cars is far more exciting as well, at least you actually have action that includes over-taking that doesn't take place in the pit lane.
Sat 17/07/04 at 14:17
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I don't think the quality of the driving is as good in Champ Cars than in F1. The amount of needless accidents and full course yellows seems to prove that.
Sat 17/07/04 at 14:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well the drivers actually drive the cars in that, there's no gizmos to help them as much as there are in F1. Can't really compare them as the cars are so different but yes there is alot more needless accidents in Champ.
Sun 18/07/04 at 09:36
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
cRaCkHeAd wrote:
> I'm not being nasty, but I've never seen a woman who is so into car
> racing.

Crackhead.. Ive been in to racing since i was 14 years old.. Im 26 now. Usually go to 4 races a year. However this year i haven't. Even went to the first Indy as was living in Canada at the time.
Its ok.. but there are loads of females who love motorsport!
Sun 18/07/04 at 09:37
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Grandprix wrote:
> I don't think the quality of the driving is as good in Champ Cars than
> in F1. The amount of needless accidents and full course yellows seems
> to prove that.

True.. I can agree with you there GP as when i was at Rockingham for the Champ a couple of years ago.. There were 35 yellow flags.. Kinda got boring as they were stopping and starting.. However still a good race as Dario Franchitti won :)
Sun 18/07/04 at 10:22
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Champ Cars is incredbily dumbed down, though: Champ Cars produce around 600 BHP, whereas F1 cars produce around between 890-940 BHP, depending on gearing and engine. All the stuff in Champcars is bought, not developed; it's not so much at the forefront of technology, like F1. It's also far more crude: There are massive accidents, as was illustrated at the Cleveland race recently, when several cars were eliminated in an avoidable accident.

All that F1 needs is one tyre manufacturer, all cars using the same size fuel tank, and possibly a boost system for overtaking, as is used in Champ Cars (ie each car has 30 seconds of booster per race). That is all tha needs to be done, along with possibly stiffer bodywork to withstand high speed crashes.
Sun 18/07/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
One tyre manufacturer is the way to go.

Current F1 planned changes include:

Reducing downforce by 25% but only reducing drag by 4%
Increasing braking distances and reducing corner speeds by adjusting diffusers height, front and rear wings and the bodywork in front of the rear wheels
Harder compound tyres, restricting drivers to 2 sets for a weekend, one set for practise, the other for qualifying and race.
Reducing engine sizes to a 2.4 litre V8

The engine rules seem to be a dodgy subject as a few manufacturers don't want to go away from V10.

I think a lot of recent speed increases has been made in tyre development. The tyre war has decreased lap times by up to 3 seconds on some tracks.
Sun 18/07/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yes but my point was the races are far more exciting, it's not like with F1 where most of the overtaking is done in the pit lane, they actually are all pretty evenly matched in Champ because of the fact they buy the equipment instead of developing it themselves and you get some good exciting racing action whereas in F1 the first few laps are exciting then eventually it goes back to Schumacher running off from the pack and the procession begins

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.