GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mercenaries"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anybody getting it?
Anybody played the demo?
Gets excellent reviews across the board but I haven't seen that much blurb about it or hype.
Page:
Sun 20/02/05 at 16:46
Regular
Only bad point I can think of is there's no custom soundtracks.

But that's not a major problem as the in game music goes well with the action.
Sun 20/02/05 at 16:44
Regular
"Touched!"
Might pick this up, any bad points? Seems to be a sleeper hit!
Sun 20/02/05 at 16:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Just started playing this.
Have begun to work with Russian Mafia but annoyed them by placing C4 on their building and reducing it to rubble.

At the moment, imagine a war-based GTA3 type game where you can demolish the buildings if you want to.
Haven't reached very far at all, but Apollo Creed & Gaer Grimsruud from Fargo as voice talent bodes well.
Sun 20/02/05 at 13:22
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
When in a helicopter, press down on the D-Pad to lower a magnet. You can pick up most small cars with it, and it's especially fun if you rotate the analogue stick around so that the car picks up some momentum, then release it and watch it fly.
Sun 20/02/05 at 12:47
Regular
Did my first Ace Contract last night. Was good but one of the solider I was going around with decided to shoot the Ace Card so I got half the price of what I would have had for taking him in alive.

Stupid tw@t!

I now have Bunker Busters on tap, shame they're so fooking expensive.

Oh and I unlocked Han Solo along with a few other characters which was cool.
Sun 20/02/05 at 12:28
Regular
Might rent this one then.
Sun 20/02/05 at 10:50
Regular
"Werd"
What happens when you get out of a chopper really high up, do you get a parachute or do you just land on the tarmac like a lump of strawberry jam?
Sat 19/02/05 at 21:59
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
"your name here" wrote:
> what are the graphics like on this 'un?

They're actually really good considering the size of the area, although there is a bit of fogging when you're flying the helicopter. But to be honest the game's just so enjoyable it'll hardly bother you.
Sat 19/02/05 at 21:58
"Tesco value"
hell, it works for me.

fingers crossed for a bit of gore and easter eggs.

free roaming is definatly the genre I like!
Sat 19/02/05 at 21:58
"Tesco value"
[EDIT]

Double post
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.