GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mercenaries"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Thu 17/02/05 at 22:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Anybody getting it?
Anybody played the demo?
Gets excellent reviews across the board but I haven't seen that much blurb about it or hype.
Page:
Mon 21/02/05 at 12:29
Regular
I didn't realise you could put C4 on vehicles.

Was gonna try it yesterday but I got side tracked by something else. Have to put that on my 'to do' list.
Mon 21/02/05 at 11:34
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
My current favourite at the mo is get a jeep, pop some c4 on the hood, drive off a steep cliff or towards nk tank, leap out whilst the jeep is still in motion and boom! :)
Great for taking out enemies in a camp when you don't want to enter.
Mon 21/02/05 at 11:24
"Woooooooooooooooooo"
Mercenaries reminds me of Psi ops. They use the same Physics engine and they're both about playing around with this engine. Both Psi ops and Mercenaries are classic. Now that the physics engine has proved what it can do with these two games, now the next games using the engine must ask "OK now what can we do with this engine" This engine has blessed many games, but now the engine should be combined with other things to create a new experience. When they make Mercenaries 2, they should consider this
Mon 21/02/05 at 11:16
Regular
The game constantly suprises me with the amount of destruction you can do.

Just messing around yesterday I found out you can even blow up the bridges in the game. So much fun planting C4 on the middle and then waiting for a car to go across and then *BOOM* bodies and debrey everywhere.

Oh and the magnet thing on the bottom of helicopters is genius!

I spend ages just going around picking up Jeeps full of North Koreans, then sling shotting them from great heights straight into buildings and watching them explode. The havok physics are just unbelievably good.

It's one of thse games where you set out to do something, notice something you haven't seen before, then an hour later you remember what you were originally planning on doing and you're nowhere near it.
Sun 20/02/05 at 22:52
Regular
Hmmmm, might pick this up if I see it second hand. Got so many games to get through already though - at least I've put a good few hours into Riddick now.
Sun 20/02/05 at 18:35
"Tesco value"
After fitting the dog flap I gave this a quick bout for about half an hour and caputered two cards.

brilliant game, wondered how it'd work, but it does and it's got a real good feel to it!

definatly worth a play
Sun 20/02/05 at 18:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
monkey_man wrote:
> Sounds good. Amazon have sent my copy off, can't wait to play it now!
----

It is. The best comparison is GTA3 crossed with Freedom Fighters for that same feeling of random destruction and rapid deathbring.
Sun 20/02/05 at 18:21
Regular
"Touched!"
Might get this when I get paid on friday :) if not April student loan here I come :P
Sun 20/02/05 at 17:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Sounds good. Amazon have sent my copy off, can't wait to play it now!
Sun 20/02/05 at 16:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I haven't played it enough to know yet.
The intro/tutorial section is good stuff and the 1st couple of missions guide you in nice and easily.
After laser-targetting the artillery, I decided to see if I could laser-target the two buildings in the distance.
Yep.
They collapse in a cloud of dust and rubble. Fantastic.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.