GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop Making Excuses"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/06/04 at 23:08
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Poorer team, nothing wrong with the penalty spot, the ref wasn't paid off, it wasn't a goal, Night Nurse wasn't slipped into the English teams bottles.

Just for once, please, swallow your pride and speak with your mind and not your heart. The Portuguese were in your half for practically the whole match. They were the better team. It should not have been a goal - Terry clearly had his arm across Ricardo's shoulder, and was between Campbell who was attacking the ball, and Ricardo.

And as for the bloody expected "shut up, bitter Scotsman" crap - non. I say this regardless of my nationality. I've already said, I felt sorry for England. I really did. The first things I said to Tribute (whom was the first person I spoke to since the match) were things of commiseration.
Sat 26/06/04 at 00:32
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
And facts?
*Holds head in hands*

Take of the blinkers, eh?
Sat 26/06/04 at 00:32
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Christ on a bike.

A poor decision (in your opinion) by a referee is cheating?!

Sorry - but what the hell are you on about?
Sat 26/06/04 at 00:27
Regular
It's not stupid, it's true.

Nothing to explain - it was a goal. Look at the facts.
Fri 25/06/04 at 21:48
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Mav wrote:
> Azul wrote:
> Please, explain.
>
> We were cheated out of a goal.

That's not explaining yourself, that's simply repeating your stupid remark.
Fri 25/06/04 at 20:42
Regular
Put it this way, there are linesmen. If the Linesman feels the ref has made a foul decision, he has the right to challenge it, but, he didn't, so he must have seen teh same thing that the ref saw.
Or they didn't see the foul, so they can't cahllenge the refs decision, but they aren't supposed to be looking for fouls - the ref is, they're too busy checking for offside and non goals, but if they DO see a foul, they can challenge it.
Fri 25/06/04 at 19:51
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If any one-man to blame, as you might have been expecting, I'm gonna have to point the blame at our manager, Sven-Goran Eriksson (once again!).

The man seems to lack any length of vision. He's so short-sighted he cannot see a single millimetre past all he reads in the 'papers and on SkySports News each day!

David Beckham should not have played. With the way he's been in this tournament, like I said earlier, it's like we've been playing with ten-men every single time.

Why is he still captain? I'm dead-certain it's only down to his figure in the modern world. He has no leadership skills whatsoever - not even in the fashion world. When we've needed inspiration most, he hasn't given it to us like a Paul Ince would've.

For every game we defended far too deep. Play like that and you WILL get punished for it, like Alan Hansen and co. did stress, many times. But, what does Eriksson do about it at half-time in the fourth game where we have given them an extra ten-yards on the ball?? Absolutely nothing!
Look at Rui Costa's goal again. Forget about the brilliance of the strike itself, just look at how much space he has in the run-up - I swear, he goes freely from the halfway line to the edge of our 18-yard box unchallenged. Sure, Phil Neville was there, but he fell-over anyway, and he couldn't touch him from behind. John Terry or Sol Campbell should've pushed-up to assist him. That's undeniable.

Then, there was that cross for the other Portugal game. Both David Beckham and Neville were near-enough to at least have "some affect" on the attemped cross before Postiga headed it in. You DO NOT simply give him all the time in the world he needs and then turn-away as the ball is struck!

Whether they hit us on the counter-attack or not, we should've pushed up.

It looks like Eriksson will still be on his £3.5m-a-year salary for the time being (due to Mark Palios' self "pride" as FA chief executive), but I cannot wait another summer of lacklustre football (or two!) before his time is finally up.
Fri 25/06/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The fact is, the goalkeeper didn't stand a single chance of getting to the ball with 2 England players there. John Terry showed no 'intent' of preventing Ricardo from getting there - but, he couldn't even reach, let alone jump, to get the ball without causing even more controversy, had Campbell's header not gone-in.
Fri 25/06/04 at 19:19
Regular
"Baros!!!"
???

The keeper ran into Terry, therefore it was not a foul. Terry was there first.

All Terry did was jump up to head the ball. He was not making any movement towards the keeper, therefore it's not a foul. Where was the push that Terry was supposed to have done?

All I saw was Campbell fouling Terry.

If anything it should be a penalty to us as it's the keeper who runs into Terry knowing he's never going to get the ball.

I could of understood it if Terry was running when he jumped, but he wasn't. BOTH linesman gave the goal.

What about all his other decisions aswell?
Fri 25/06/04 at 19:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Although he's Scottish and he does often tend to go a little over-the-top, Azul does make some very good points.

In my honest opinion, the referee was RIGHT to dismiss Sol Campbell's (latest) 'winning goal'. I can barely remember what happened against Argentina, but this time, you can clearly see John Terry is preventing the goalkeeper from even jumping to reach for the ball - even without the "intent"; even though he was clearly going for the ball.

His challenge gave us an anfair advantage over their defence in such a dangerous situation. Well done ,ref' - you got that one right!

As for the penalty spot thing, it's like the BBC guys said after the match - Beckham and co. may have "struggled" a little, but there were certainly no complaints from Portuguese players. Even when Rui Costa blasted over, they still managed to strike the ball well.

Having the opposing GOALKEEPER score the deciding kick against your team though - that really takes the biscuit! Yes, even more-so than the fact that Helder Postiga scored twice (and what a penalty it was, too!)! :D
I just laughed when Ricardo's effort went in... Unreal! :)

But the fact is, we cannot go on making pathetic excuses that are simply thrown in our face to try and hide the obvious - we are still quite the 'average' European side we were several years ago; France, Brazil and all the rest play in a different league altogether.
Blaming the ref' and the conditions of the pitch... Do we really want to sound like Arséne Wenger?!

On the performance we put in - which has been pretty much the same as it's been all tournament - we didn't fully deserve to win, even with Owen's opening goal. Without Wayne Rooney, we just didn't have that 'drive' in our attack. No-one was outstanding. With David Beckham in the team, it was like playing with only ten-men. As a captain, where on Earth has our leader been this summer?!?

If it wasn't for all this nonsense about how 'we were hard done-by', I was hoping this would be a chance for the flag-flying idiots to finally wake-up and realise the way things really are; to wake-up and smell the Swedish Meatballs....

Damn the media! Damn them all the hell!! :(
Fri 25/06/04 at 18:39
Regular
As i've said we're as bad as the Italians so stop acting like this!
It weren't a goal cos the ref decided it was a foul which in my opinion was the right decision either way we played ABSOLUTE BOLLOC*s for the whole game almost.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.