GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stop Making Excuses"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/06/04 at 23:08
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Poorer team, nothing wrong with the penalty spot, the ref wasn't paid off, it wasn't a goal, Night Nurse wasn't slipped into the English teams bottles.

Just for once, please, swallow your pride and speak with your mind and not your heart. The Portuguese were in your half for practically the whole match. They were the better team. It should not have been a goal - Terry clearly had his arm across Ricardo's shoulder, and was between Campbell who was attacking the ball, and Ricardo.

And as for the bloody expected "shut up, bitter Scotsman" crap - non. I say this regardless of my nationality. I've already said, I felt sorry for England. I really did. The first things I said to Tribute (whom was the first person I spoke to since the match) were things of commiseration.
Sat 26/06/04 at 18:19
Regular
Well, it's not like this is the only time that a referee has made a bad decision, and from 30 yards away, it DOES look like a foul, and the linesmen aren't looking out for fouls, they're watching the goals to see if the ball goes over the line, or a player goes offside, so they're less liekly to know if a foul has been commited.

And how can they make the "professional" decision across the world that it was a goal in jsut 2 days, that's what I want to know.
Sat 26/06/04 at 14:34
Regular
"Baros!!!"
*SLOW CLAP*

I know England's out and that nothing will change. I'm just working out were these made up rules are coming from.
Sat 26/06/04 at 14:31
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
At the end of the day.. England Lost.. I agree it was a little unfair that the goal was disallowed. When it was clearly in.. However we lost. Its time to stop licking your wounds.. Remember theres always the world cup in 2 years. (No doubt we will lose there aswell)
Sat 26/06/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Let me guess the nationality of these "professionals"...
Sat 26/06/04 at 10:04
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Azul wrote:

> Terry had his arm across Ricardo, thus impeding him. No. Goal.

Terry was barely putting any pressure on him. Ricardo got there when Terry was more or less in the air.

To jump you move your arms.

Ricardo was looking for the foul as there was no need to go down that easy.

Ricardo ran under Terry's arms, therefore it's his own fault.

You can't argue the toss when the vast majority of professionals say it was a goal.
Sat 26/06/04 at 01:05
Regular
Saw it on the news at lunchtime.

Still don't understand why you feel I'm so idiotic - I've retracted my initial statement...
Sat 26/06/04 at 00:56
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Mav wrote:
> Enough of the petty name calling please.

I'm stating what you are, not name calling. Duh.

> And analysts from FIFA with the official rules

I'd like a link or something to this, ta.
Sat 26/06/04 at 00:46
Regular
Enough of the petty name calling please. I'm not getting heated up about this - let's not take it to be more than it is, eh?

My wording was crap in my initial post, I'll accept that. You argued it, fair enough - I agree, we weren't cheated. All I meant, as I have just said, is that it felt like we were cheated.

And analysts from FIFA with the official rules have looked at this Terry thing - the goalkeeper moved into Terry. There's nothing opinionated about it, it was a goal. Besides, Meier said it was "pushing", which it was not, and the linesmen who were inline with Campbell, Terry and Ricardo both said it was ok.
Sat 26/06/04 at 00:40
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
That's not a definiton of cheating, you idiot.

And those are not facts - they are merely opinions.

Terry had his arm across Ricardo, thus impeding him. No. Goal.
Sat 26/06/04 at 00:38
Regular
I don't particularly feel like arguing, but it's been proved - watched the news recently?

Facts:

- Analysts have looked at it from every possible angle, with the rule book in mind and decided it was a goal.

- The vast majority of referees worldwide were consulted on this and agree.

- Urs Meier was 30 yards away behind a fair few players when he made the wrong decision that there was pushing.

- Both linesmen gave it as a goal.

- It was a goal.

There's nothing to say the ref was bribed or bitter - such claims are, in my opinion, ridiculous. The feeling, however, is that we've been cheated.

Fin.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.