GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World Cup predictions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/06/06 at 08:29
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Germany V Costa Rica

Poland V Ecuador

Whats going to be the scores?
Sat 08/07/06 at 23:21
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
3rd place playoff: Germany V Portugal

This match is usually a non-event but you always hope that the game will see some decent football. The first half, Portugal made some decent passes without ever really threatening and the first half just drifted by.

Things really picked up in the 2nd half as Germany took the lead when Schweinsteiger fired the ball towards goal and Ricardo should have done better as the ball sailed between his hands.

Germany kept attacking and got a freekick on the left. Schweinsteiger fired the ball from the freekick low into the box and Petit deflected the ball past Ricardo for 2-0. It will go down as an own goal.

Schweinsteiger was not to be denied a 2nd goal as he cut inside from the left and fired a curling ball past a diving Ricardo for 3-0.

Portugal brought on Figo, who is retiring from international football after this game, and he curled an exquisite pass right on the head of Nuno Gomes to make it 3-1.

Germany really wanted 3rd place and they got it. They've played really well since the dodgy defence of game 1 and on a different day, they may have gone on to win the whole thing.

Tomorrow, it's the final. I hope we get a good one.
Sun 09/07/06 at 00:33
Regular
"Mooching around"
I would pray for 3-3 going down to penalties.
Sun 09/07/06 at 22:17
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, well, well. The final.

France win a penalty early on, although I think it was pretty harsh to give it. Zidane takes the penalty, hits the bar and bounces over the line to give France a lead after just 6 minutes.

The early goal is really needed in most finals and it helped the game as Italy had to play more attacking football. It didn't take long as Materazzi got his head onto a corner and it was powered past Barthez to level the scores.

It could have got better for Italy as Materazzi got another header but that didn't find a way in. Toni then got a header as France had trouble defending the high balls. That shot hit the bar.

The first half was over and it was very evenly matched. It needed goals and it got goals.

France start the 2nd half brightly and for most of the 2nd half, France were the better side. Italy had to do some last gasp defending at times but they looked pretty secure. Henry tried a few runs at the defence and a ball was struck across the box but France attacked that poorly.

The game fizzled out as Italy managed to hold on for extra time. Extra time, France continued to put the pressure on and Ribery found his way into the box, but the shot went agonisingly wide. Zidane then orchestrated a move but his header was saved by Buffon.

The Italians looked settled for penalties but the game changed when Zidane and Materazzi had a few words, everything seemed okay and then something was said and Zidane headbutted Materazzi viciously in the chest. There was some delay but Zidane was eventually sent off.

It was ridiculous of Zidane and in his last ever game of professional football, Zidane trudged down the tunnel. It left Italy a chance to attack but they were never particularly dangerous in what was left.

So, it went to penalties. No one missed as Italy took the lead 2-1. Trezeguet stepped up. He hits the bar and it bounces the wrong side of the line. Italy had the advantage and they duly dispatched their remaining 3 penalties to win 5-3 and Italy wins the World Cup.

The group stage was very good, the knockout stage not so good. The final was gripping for the most part but I think this World Cup will be remembered for Zidane's moment of madness.
Mon 10/07/06 at 03:24
Regular
Highly enjoyable final. Shame about Zidane, though.
Mon 10/07/06 at 11:26
Regular
I don't know what Zidane was thinking when he decided to do that, what a way to end his career in professional football.
Mon 10/07/06 at 11:42
Regular
"Colourless"
He got player of the tournament :|
Mon 10/07/06 at 17:59
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
JL wrote:
> He got player of the tournament :|

Well the voters voted at half time when he was doing resonably well.
Tue 11/07/06 at 22:17
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Zidane related:
Person at work comes into the office and says...
"Zidane's agent has just confirmed in a press conference what was said to him that made him mad... (dramatic pause)
Materazzi said that his name was worth more in scrabble than Zidane's."

It amused me a bit, but whoooosh went over the heads of the other 3 in the office who didn't get it and were puzzled saying they thought it was supposed to be a comment about Zidanes mother.
Wed 12/07/06 at 08:24
Regular
Wed 12/07/06 at 12:19
"possibly impossible"
The one I heard was that Materazzi asked Zidane if he knew a cure for hiccups.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.