GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World Cup predictions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/06/06 at 08:29
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Germany V Costa Rica

Poland V Ecuador

Whats going to be the scores?
Tue 04/07/06 at 22:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Wahey Italia!!!!!!!!
Tue 04/07/06 at 22:40
Regular
Ideally I want France to win it, but that was a superb game.
Tue 04/07/06 at 22:47
Regular
"Mooching around"
I missed it all, except for the second half of extra time.
Wed 05/07/06 at 02:46
Regular
I predict that Italy will make it to the final.

In other Nostradamic insight, I think England will make the quaters, but get knocked out on penalties.
Wed 05/07/06 at 21:59
Regular
Wed 05/07/06 at 22:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
OKay, I've seen both semi finals. Here are some brief thoughts on them.

Italy V Germany was an energetic affair in the first half as both teams went out there with the intention of scoring a goal. Italy should have had the lead early on when Perrotta was played through for a one on one with the keeper but his touch was poor.

Italy probably had the better of the first half but Germany went close when Schneider was played in but his shot just went over the bar. The first half ended 0-0 but it was entertaining.

The 2nd half was a bit slower but both teams still wanted to score. Italy just started to get pegged back but neither team could find the breakthrough in normal time. Extra time followed and as the time ebbed away, Italy looked like they wanted to avoid penalties. Apparently, Italy's record in penalties is not good. It's something like Italy has only won 1 shootout and Germany has only lost 1.

Anyway, Grosso found some space in the box and he curled the ball past Lehmann, who had looked good all game, and Italy had the lead with 119 minutes on the clock. Germany really had to attack with little time left. Unfortunately for them, it left gaps at the back and Del Piero snuck in and finished the game off.

France V Portugal

France started the better and Malouda had a good chance after less than a minute. France looked much more adventurous with the ball and Henry received the ball just inside the area. He turned nicely and got a kick in the leg. The referee gave the penalty and Zidane placed the penalty perfectly past Ricardo for the lead after 33 minutes.

Scolari was furious and he was still ranting after the half time interval. France were happy to soak up pressure and Portugal had some good chances that they might have taken if the defence wasn't so solid. Some of the chances may not have come about if Barthez had safer hands but that's neither here nor there.

Portugal had most of the possession and they decided to playing the diving game which the referee didn't buy into. France held on and they go on to play Italy in the final, while Germany play Portugal in the 3rd place match. Scolari was still ranting after the full time whistle had gone.
Wed 05/07/06 at 22:52
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Boooooooooo France
Wed 05/07/06 at 22:57
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
France in the final is a big surprise. They were distinctly average in their group and were on the verge of going out. They sneak through their group and manage to beat Spain (I still don't know how they did it), they squeak past Brazil and now they've squeaked past Portugal.

In theory, Italy should win as they have improved since the group phase, but it never usually works that way.
Wed 05/07/06 at 23:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just depends who is the best on the day (or in this tournie's case whoever gets screwed over less by the refs) thus showing why a one game format is completely flawed
Wed 05/07/06 at 23:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've always been more interested in the group games then the knockout rounds, probably because the knockout rounds have days without games and it seems to take me out of the tournament a bit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.