GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE ultimate PC"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/05/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
well, not the ULTIMATE PC, but I would like to know everything I would need to build one of the best PC's going, the CPU, Graphics Card, RAM, everything, so.... what would I need.

P.S. money is not a problem.
Mon 24/05/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Digging!"
H²O wrote:
> My PC is well good. Ive had it for about 3 years. But its the most
> stable and powerful PC ive used.

God that made me laugh...

> It's an AMD duron 800mhz (it sounds slow compared to new processors,
> but it is so fast and stable its unbeleivable) I have upgraded things
> around it.

I used to have a AMD Athlon 800MHz (It's motherboard died from overheated chipset) and I now have a P4 2.4Ghz and it is blisteringly faster. The AMD in XP was like wading through treakle, where as the 2.4 is perfectly responsive. I would suspect you are using 98/Me, and that you have only see the faster CPUs on XP. I would also suggest you OTT RAM has something to do with the speed as well...
Mon 24/05/04 at 18:41
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
My PC is well good. Ive had it for about 3 years. But its the most stable and powerful PC ive used.
It's an AMD duron 800mhz (it sounds slow compared to new processors, but it is so fast and stable its unbeleivable) I have upgraded things around it.
768mb RAM
Geforce FX 5200
Sound Blaster Audigy
Currently 20gb harddrive, because my 40gb one got currupt, had to throw away.
Surround sound.
19" monitor
42x CD-Rw
56x CD-R

I use it as a game PC, and it runs games perfectly, I see no need to update the processor yet.
Mon 24/05/04 at 11:08
Ah, sorry Adrian it's not.

Just a plain old IDE one.
Sun 23/05/04 at 10:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
ÈL ® ö B ì Ñ wrote:
> Where you get some of those prices from?
>
> For example that HDD is a lil pricey.
> My 160GB 8MB cache, western digital was about £60.

Is your 160Gb SATA? As that was what was quoted for the 120Gb in the price up list thingy below.
Sun 23/05/04 at 00:36
Allred wrote:
> Wow, I'm impressed. I'd heard a lot of bad things about Ebuyer, but
> they sound good from that.

Yer they are, all companies get bad reviews ect now and again, but you will never really know untill you try them out.

I just bought another new case for myself off them about 2 hours ago :P
Sat 22/05/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Digging!"
Miserableman wrote:

> It is a general rule in buying computer stuff online that quality of
> website is inversely proportional to customer service. Which is a big
> shame.

Which retailer do you use?
Sat 22/05/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Digging!"
Wow, I'm impressed. I'd heard a lot of bad things about Ebuyer, but they sound good from that.
Sat 22/05/04 at 17:35
Allred wrote:
> Overclockers UK. They are more expensive than Ebuyer but are a much
> better retailer with better customer support etc.

I agree, i buy 95% of my stuff from ebuyer, just spent £3000 almost there this morning. Dads mate wants a reeeeaalllyyy great computer.
If I was to add up all the quotes from ebuyer it must be almost £7000, and i keep going back because they are cheap and they have good customer service.
For example i bought some Elwire there the other week, i paid about £1 extra for the sound Elwire, but they sent the wrong one. They sent me the right one free of charge to show they were sorry.
Also our delivery was 3 days late, so they gave us free delivery on our next order.

Cheap, reliable and friendly.
Sat 22/05/04 at 17:00
Regular
"Digging!"
Well, my experiances have been fine. Also, where do you shop for computer components then?
Sat 22/05/04 at 16:28
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Allred wrote:
> Overclockers UK. They are more expensive than Ebuyer but are a much
> better retailer with better customer support etc.

Overclockers don't give a stuff about their customers. I know someone who used to work there and the general feeling was they had so many customers that losing some was no big deal.

It is a general rule in buying computer stuff online that quality of website is inversely proportional to customer service. Which is a big shame.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.