GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE ultimate PC"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/05/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Arf. Arf. Arf. Arf."
well, not the ULTIMATE PC, but I would like to know everything I would need to build one of the best PC's going, the CPU, Graphics Card, RAM, everything, so.... what would I need.

P.S. money is not a problem.
Wed 26/05/04 at 14:32
Im not that bothered, if it's good for him then ok.
It was just that he was trying to compare an 800 to a 2400 (i think).

Was just showing him that he was incorrect.
Wed 26/05/04 at 14:22
"I love yo... lamp."
I think he meant that they don't make 800 MHz processors any more.

And 800 MHz is 1/3rd of 2.4 GHz, so your old 800 MHz processor should have loaded Dreamweaver in 3 time as long as your 2.4 GHz processor, in other words it should have loaded in 3 seconds.

Bottom line is that if an 800 MHz processor does all that H2O needs, then there is no reason to upgrade. I want more speed for a variety of reasons, for better games performance, faster compiling of programs and for a whole bunch of other stuff. I need speed, he doesn't. I need lots of gigahertz, he doesn't. So nobody should try and persuade him to upgrade just because he has an older PC.
Wed 26/05/04 at 14:19
H²O wrote:
> Come off iy H20 you're being stupid now.
>
> "My 800MHz runs faster then a 3200Ghz"
>
> When have i said that??
>
> They dont even make them do they?

Yes, look on ebuyer.

> I dont see any need to upgrade, i run photoshop, dreamweaver, flash
> IE, Itunes, and Msn on it at the same time as i work, and it runs it
> perfect.
>
> So why would i need a 2.6 or what ever.

If you are only doing that then you don't need it so bad, but still you should consider getting something a little better, like a 1.2 or something.
Wed 26/05/04 at 14:17
Regular
"Digging!"
H²O wrote:
> Come off iy H20 you're being stupid now.
>
> "My 800MHz runs faster then a 3200Ghz"
>
> When have i said that??
>
> They dont even make them do they?

They make 3.4GHz P4s and AMD do the Athlon 64 3400+.

> I dont see any need to upgrade, i run photoshop, dreamweaver, flash
> IE, Itunes, and Msn on it at the same time as i work, and it runs it
> perfect.
> No waiting for it to switch across or loading, etc.

That would be your OTT amount of RAM.

> So why would i need a 2.6 or what ever.

When the Dreamweaver startscreen pops up, for example, with the loading styles etc, a faster processor would make that run faster. Dreamweaver MX on my 2.4 loads in about 1 sec, on my old 800 it took about 8 secs.
Wed 26/05/04 at 14:02
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Come off iy H20 you're being stupid now.

"My 800MHz runs faster then a 3200Ghz"

When have i said that??

They dont even make them do they?

I dont see any need to upgrade, i run photoshop, dreamweaver, flash IE, Itunes, and Msn on it at the same time as i work, and it runs it perfect.
No waiting for it to switch across or loading, etc.

So why would i need a 2.6 or what ever.
Wed 26/05/04 at 11:04
Regular
"Digging!"
H²O wrote:

> What processes do you run that require 2.4ghz?

Nothing 'requires' that much as such, but things run faster on it. Say I was to run a registry scan, which is all sorted in the RAM as well as the HD while the system is running, mine would run much faster as it is just reading from RAM to a much faster CPU. Also, you HD would not touch a new one. I recently got a WD 120Gb SE 100ATA 8Mb cache 7200RPM HD to replace my old one, a 45Gb 66ATA 2Mb cache 5400RPM HD, and it now transfers data at over twice the speed in normal use.
Wed 26/05/04 at 00:25
Azul wrote:
> You've really never heard of multitasking, have you?

I agree.

Come off iy H20 you're being stupid now.

"My 800MHz runs faster then a 3200Ghz"

Ballcrap!

Why the hell do they make newer more expensive ones?
Oh yea, so they RUN FASTER and can HANDLE MORE DATA at once.

In mine i have a 2800 and I can honestly say that at times when im doing many things it can struggle.

Your 800 may not struggle, because lets face it, Microsoft word doesn't require too much juice now does it :P

Im just finding it hard to believe you are even attempting to say that your 800 is just as fast as a 2800.

Now me and Azul don't exactly get on, but I think he may agree with me here when I say;

"It's impossible for you to compare an 800 to a 2800, the 2800 is made differently so it can be a faster chip. Stop being such an idiot and just admit that having an 800 CPU and trying to say that it is really good is a bit of a mock"

PS, Dont run microsoft word and play music at the same time, the processor may not be able to handle it and explode, (or implode :P)
Tue 25/05/04 at 22:40
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
You've really never heard of multitasking, have you?
Tue 25/05/04 at 22:37
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
My dads PC has a 2.6ghz P4. And it is no faster then mine.

I dont know how you can laugh when you havent seen the PC run.

I only know of 1 game that needs more then 800mhz to run. And i doubt it actaully needs that much.

Think about it.

If i needed to upgrade i would of, i have money lying around. Why should i upgrade? Just to say to you geeks that i have a 3ghz P4. MEHEHNEH. Geek.

What processes do you run that require 2.4ghz?
Tue 25/05/04 at 22:22
As I said earlier Colin, don't expect to play any new games, ie Farcry on it.
Although it would be rather interesting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.