GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Britain wide open to alien invasion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/11/06 at 13:20
Regular
The British government is shockingly underprepared for an attack by extraterrestrials, an ex-MoD man has claimed.

Nick Pope, a career civil servant who spent four years heading up the MoD's research into UFO sightings, is concerned that credible evidence of an alien threat is being ignored and that Britain is "wide open" to attack.

....continued

----

I don't know about you guys but I'm ready! I'll lock my basement, aliens seem to love basements and hide and wait in my attic.

In a recent new Simpsons episode (a Halloween one), Marge suggested stripping off naked and pretending to be an animal, as aliens seem to only come after humans.
Sun 12/11/06 at 17:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Can't see why not, i don't see any reason why there can't be many advanced races of Aliens out there with the ability to travel across space quickly allowing them to meet others. The idea of a mixed species community already in existence somewhere in the Universe is something i wouldn't think impossible.

Chances are Humans are a relatively new, primitive species when compared to the rest of the Universe (and i do believe there's plenty of life out there in other Galaxies) so while we may think inter-galaxy travel is impossible it wouldn't surprise me if others have already achieved this ages ago.
Sun 12/11/06 at 16:46
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sunflower wrote:
> Hmmm...
>
> Garin wrote:
> that another race would ever find us
>
> Does that mean you believe aliens are out there, but they
> haven't visited us yet?

I wouldnt necessarily subscribe to the idea of little green/grey men but as Everpain wrote given the size of the universe I think its incredibly likely other life does exist. I can even accept the idea that other life might have achieved interstellar travel of some description. Aliens visiting us is a whole different level though. The chances of us encountering each other are next to zero in my opinion. The only way I can see it being likely is if the universe really is like Star Trek and you stumble over some new life form every light year or so. Yet theres little evidence the universe is like that at the moment.
Sun 12/11/06 at 16:20
Regular
"I may return"
I'm no 'Redneck idiot'!
Sun 12/11/06 at 16:11
Regular
"Author of Pain"
You have to ask yourself why an advanced, intelligent civilisation would create a craft capable of spanning the vast empitness of space in search of other life to observe it without interfering, only then to light up their craft like a christmas tree, abduct and re-deliver redneck idiots, land in corn fields and leave signs of their landings for all and sundry to stare at, and all the other ludicrous 'evidence' they've 'found' over the years.

Consider the timespan of the universe.

Our star is most likely the gravitational trappings of the star that died before it, billions of years ago. Before the star we have now, another star sat for untold ages with planets of its own, possibly with life of its own, but it never stretched across the vacuumous depths of the wider galaxy.

Consider the billions of other stars within our own galaxy, itself a tiny proportion of space. Consider that everywhere, the chance has arisen for life to exist billions of years before our Sun was formed from supernova debris of the star that sat in its place. If life was capable of stretching across the cosmos, it would have happened long before we existed to consider the possibility.

I'm not saying life doesn't exist out there, it almost definitely does. But the probability that any of it has found a means of crossing the incomprehensibly vast distances between stars in an economical, efficient, and timely manner is so incredibly small, it's not worth trying to calculate.

We must consider that, for all intents and purposes, we are the most advanced civilisation in this galaxy. Oh, given time, we'll start investigating nearby stars in person, but barring some incredible technological leaps, we'll never span the whole galaxy, or even a noticable percentage of it, and neither will any other lifeform.
Sun 12/11/06 at 15:43
Regular
"I may return"
Hmmm...

Garin wrote:
> that another race would ever find us

Does that mean you believe aliens are out there, but they haven't visited us yet?
Sun 12/11/06 at 15:31
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I think if aliens really are visiting earth, I'll start believing in god. Divine intervention is about the only way I could accept that another race would ever find us, manage to hide from every astronomical observatory on the planet yet still fall prey to blurry cameras.
Sun 12/11/06 at 11:52
Regular
"I may return"
Smedlos wrote:
> Kawada wrote:
>
> Remember seeing that on some UFO show a few years back,
> apparently the beam of light (whatever it was) was fired from
> an
> Australian military base.
>
> Wonder what they were shooting at?

The moon, perhaps?
Sat 11/11/06 at 23:31
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Kawada wrote:

> Remember seeing that on some UFO show a few years back,
> apparently the beam of light (whatever it was) was fired from an
> Australian military base.

Wonder what they were shooting at?
Sat 11/11/06 at 21:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Remember seeing that on some UFO show a few years back, apparently the beam of light (whatever it was) was fired from an Australian military base.
Sat 11/11/06 at 21:04
Regular
Even if we did have defence, any aliens that had resources to fly light years across space to us would also have technology to totally anniliate us.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.