GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Britain wide open to alien invasion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/11/06 at 13:20
Regular
The British government is shockingly underprepared for an attack by extraterrestrials, an ex-MoD man has claimed.

Nick Pope, a career civil servant who spent four years heading up the MoD's research into UFO sightings, is concerned that credible evidence of an alien threat is being ignored and that Britain is "wide open" to attack.

....continued

----

I don't know about you guys but I'm ready! I'll lock my basement, aliens seem to love basements and hide and wait in my attic.

In a recent new Simpsons episode (a Halloween one), Marge suggested stripping off naked and pretending to be an animal, as aliens seem to only come after humans.
Sat 18/11/06 at 18:22
"Darkness, always"
pb wrote:
> if another race didn't suffer the wars and
> technological setbacks of our planet then its feisable that they
> could have the technology.

Hmm. It's worth noting that much of our technology has come about through military need. In a socially mature (comparatively) situation, as now, technology is typically driven through consumer demand, but without the defensive drive to progress beyond simple survival in the first instance, we would never have arrived where we are.

I personally cannot see how any technologically advanced species can develop without fear and survival need driving it through certain technological barriers.

Consider our ultimately inevitable expansion into near space (the remainder of the solar system). We will do this not because we need the room (althoug that is a factor, and we will use the space to colonize), but because we need to make it safe. Safe from rogue asteroids, safe from random violent solar flares, safe from other external phenomenon and, of course, safe from other forms of life that might otherwise intrude.

War is an inevitable stage of social evolution. The alternative is complete dominion by a hierarchical leadership from the outset, and the automatic and unquestioning acceptance of every individual of their place in that society. While I don't completely rule this out as a possibility, the likelihood of such a species being either friendly or compromising is pretty remote.
Sat 18/11/06 at 17:56
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> This whole thread reminds me of a really cool 50s B movie. It's
> called EARTH VS THE FLYING SAUCERS.
> You should rent it or something.

Another killer 50s B-Movie: Attack of the Killer Shrews.

The shrews are actually dogs in suits! :D
Mon 13/11/06 at 22:35
Regular
Machie wrote:
> Right, that's why it's UFO - unidentified flying object. Doesnt
> have to mean aliens.
>
> Still it would be pretty sweet if there were lots of aliens
> around like in Star Trek, lots of hot space women who have no
> idea about love and sex.

Emmanuelle in space :D
Mon 13/11/06 at 22:29
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
This whole thread reminds me of a really cool 50s B movie. It's called EARTH VS THE FLYING SAUCERS.
You should rent it or something.
Mon 13/11/06 at 22:14
Regular
Right, that's why it's UFO - unidentified flying object. Doesnt have to mean aliens.

Still it would be pretty sweet if there were lots of aliens around like in Star Trek, lots of hot space women who have no idea about love and sex.
Mon 13/11/06 at 22:09
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sunflower wrote:
> Garin wrote:
> > theres little evidence
> But there is evidence, none that is 100% convincing, but still
> there is evidence, also there might be some undiscovered
> evidence, that proves we have been visited.

I said theres little evidence that the universe is teeming with life as something like Star Trek depicts. If you think there is alot of evidence to suggest there is, feel free to present it. ;)

Although really the same is true for being visited by aliens. Even Nick Pope said that all but a few sightings can be explained away. And just because we cannot explain something doesnt automatically mean its aliens either.
Mon 13/11/06 at 22:06
Regular
The only way we'll get in touch with other life forms is if we send out lots of ships full of robots. Perhaps it wont be aliens invading us it'll be robots. Robots that have traveled through space for millions of years.
Mon 13/11/06 at 18:31
Regular
I don't believe for one nanosecond we are alone in the universe.

But I think the chances of our race coming into contact with a form of Alien life before we either destroy ourselves, are wiped out by a natural disaster or the destruction of our planet, are very remote.
Mon 13/11/06 at 18:30
"possibly impossible"
Flying through space is only one of the theories possible. Wormhole style technology allows you to travel vast distances in a short space of time, if another race didn't suffer the wars and technological setbacks of our planet then its feisable that they could have the technology.

Another option is that it's us from the future, baring in mind that the current thinking is that time travel is impossible anyway it does seem more far fetched.

Yet another theory is that these beings come from another parallel dimension, rather than travelling through space they simply jump dimensions. This is taking on more scientific weight with the advancements of learning about tied particles.

Of course, it could be all the work of those naughty faeries playing tricks on us and having a good laugh at our expense!
Mon 13/11/06 at 17:25
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It's pretty likely that it was the Americans covering up the crash of an experimental aircraft; not only would it distract people from their research, but would create a plausible distraction. If something was unbelievably radical in terms of engineering, to disguise it as being not of this earth would certainly be a good answer for those needing an easy answer.

But with the universe being simply so vast, there may well be life out there, nay, there really should be. The truth truly is out there. Somewhere.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.