GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Especially for FF..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/04/04 at 13:14
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
[URL]http://www.goyk.com/flash.asp?path=644[/URL]

I want one of these... Jesus Action Figure with Walk on Water action!;)
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:17
"period drama"
I read it before you edited it.
Now I know you're secrets, you'll probably have to come and kill me.
aahahahahahaha

Thu 15/04/04 at 21:16
Regular
"Notable"
Heheheh.

You guys are Kraz-ee
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:14
Regular
Argh! Stupid me! :-D

I was thinking of Mohammed, the guy Casius named himself after.
Edgy, I'm editing, and then so are you!"

No one need ever know! ;-)
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Notable"
hahahahahah
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:12
Regular
Strafio wrote:

> I personally think that Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Hercules etc all
> existed... but I wouldn't bet my life on any of them, know what I'm
> saying?
>

I almost thought you said Mohammed Ali then.

I must need to get my hearing checked...
Thu 15/04/04 at 21:06
Regular
I'm sort of Catholic as in I've been brought up one, through my family and two schools. (And yes, that means I was brought up to see Creation as a fact rather than "according to our beliefs in the Bible").

I was brought up to go to church on Sundays (although to be honest, I've only ever gone as a family thing.)
And while I don't disbelieve in God, I don't really believe in the same way others would. And I sort of share the same attitude to other religions too.

I personally think that Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Hercules etc all existed... but I wouldn't bet my life on any of them, know what I'm saying?

And every religion gives you the same moral backbone which is basically to care for your fellow man. For me, the most important line in the Gospel is when Jesus says "Whatever you do for the least of my brothers, that you do unto me."

And in the parable, he separates people who cared for their own, and those that didn't, and neither group realised they had pleased or offended Jesus as they did it - they had just acted as they would towards another person.

The way I see it, being good to people is all that Jesus asked.
Buddha said that "what goes around comes around." - being good to people builds good karma which gradually makes its way back to you.
I think Islam was an eastern Christianity (I think that Ali was actually heavily inspired by Christianity).

And if you don't belive in all that religious shiznit, then just imagine how you'd like to be treated and remember that when people are good to you, they are more likely to be good back in return.

So I like to think that my way of life works be the religions and myths be true or not.

Not that I look down on someone who sticks rigidly to a religion (well, I do sometimes because I'm not perfect, but when I do I realise that I'm in the wrong... so you sort of see what I mean! ;-D) but when people tell me I'm immoral person because I don't follow their rituals, or see the world the exact same way they do, I do tend to think of them as a bit of a wannabe control freak. :-)

Do I know Jesus?
Maybe better than you, maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick.
But hey, if God is really as good as we say he is then he won't mind one bit! :-)
Thu 15/04/04 at 11:40
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Strafio wrote:
> Catholics don't necessarily believe that it is LITERALLY his body
> and
> blood, although it wouldn't surprise me if some did.
> You're being stereotypical.
>
> ... I had a huge discussion with two catholic friends my age. They do
> believe that by doing it they are literally eating his body and blood
> so is in them.. Which in my view is a little cannabilistic and wrong.

eating flesh and drinking blood... that's cannibalism AND vampirism :)

and in church no less!! *gasp* ;)
Thu 15/04/04 at 11:36
Regular
"Light of the world"
Strafio wrote:
> Catholics don't necessarily believe that it is LITERALLY his body and
> blood, although it wouldn't surprise me if some did.
> You're being stereotypical.

... I had a huge discussion with two catholic friends my age. They do believe that by doing it they are literally eating his body and blood so is in them.. Which in my view is a little cannabilistic and wrong. communion to me is the representation.

I find Catholic people often Idolise The Virgin mary, Pray to her, bow to her have pictures and statues of her. Now yea she was cool but in the Bible it says how we should not bow or idolise any other than the lord. She played a cool part but I do not think it is right to treat her like a God herself... Just my opnion

> Besides, lots of protestant versions have masses too.
>
> Why are you snubbing other people's way of worshiping your God, even
> though they've accepted Christ like you said?

I find this everywhere I go... even i have done it (see) Which is why I dislike churches sometimes..

I live in the town next to where my friends and my christian cell group. I have friends in the methodist and Baptist church - and they seem to point and say stuff about each persons way. I think churches can be great they are healing, houses of worship - they build a family under a roof of faith and I hope I find a good church that I can be part of at Uni!

BUT I would love people to get along and relax a little more to the other churches, the Baptist is alot more strict and pushy - and the methodist is a little more accepting sometimes. But the important thing like you say is that evry body that goes to BTH churches has accepted jesus into their lives. We should work as a team treat people like our brothers and sisters (and I do not think Jesus meant treat everyone well in ya own church!)

On a good pointer those Catholic girls really knew theor stuff, they were lovely people and I really enjoyed my chat. We had mixed views but the general concensus was very strong at the end. Jesus died for us on the cross in the most gruesome way we could think of so that we could all be saved and sit in the heavens with him again.

Which is cool!

Anyways off to highstreet laterz x
Thu 15/04/04 at 10:52
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
That's great, all the best in finding a Church.
Thu 15/04/04 at 10:41
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Lots....

We have been to a few to see what's what - the one thing we do want is Charismatic worship - we do have that where we are at present - I know - Charismatic Anglo Catholic worship is a bit of an anomally but it generally works very well - we have a friend who has asked me to join the music group at her Church which would suit but it is half an hour journey.

It will sort itself out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.