GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Especially for FF..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/04/04 at 13:14
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
[URL]http://www.goyk.com/flash.asp?path=644[/URL]

I want one of these... Jesus Action Figure with Walk on Water action!;)
Mon 19/04/04 at 17:32
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Forest Fan wrote:
> The Bible is not a book to be taken lightly, it hasn't just got a few
> morals in it, etc. This book is either the Word of God or the highest
> selling book, which has decieved man. I believe it is the Word of
> God.

So going back to my last post, how do you know which bits are literally true and which bits are symbolic then?
Mon 19/04/04 at 17:27
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Deathskitten wrote:
> maybe the bible was never meant to be taken literally maybe it was
> just meant to give the message that life isn't so bad and that we
> should be good and look after each other...

The Bible is not a book to be taken lightly, it hasn't just got a few morals in it, etc. This book is either the Word of God or the highest selling book, which has decieved man. I believe it is the Word of God.
Mon 19/04/04 at 16:33
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
maybe the bible was never meant to be taken literally maybe it was just meant to give the message that life isn't so bad and that we should be good and look after each other...
Mon 19/04/04 at 15:36
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Some protestant sects do too though. That's the thing with the Bible, who's to say what should be taken literally?

If Jesus said 'this is my body, this is my blood'(or whatever) it probably is meant to be symbolic. But, if you believe the Bible is fact then maybe not. But then maybe the all the stuff in Genesis and Revalations is supposed to be symbolic and metaphorical - ie. not what literally happened.

It's impossible to argue when people say that the Bible is true, but then argue amongst themselves over which bits are literally true and which are symbolically true.
Mon 19/04/04 at 15:15
Regular
Catholics believe they are actually eating and drinking Jesus' body and blood, which is strange, un-scriptual and a disgusting thought.
Mon 19/04/04 at 15:01
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Yes. The early Church would have had plain walls and just been a time
> to be a time for fellowship and a time of praising the Lord together.
> The Catholic Church then started off with highly decorative walls and
> the priest would read from the Latin Bible - a language no-one could
> understand. This time the Protestant Church broke away from the
> Catholic one.

The catholics are pretty scary people. I was in Spain for Easter and saw some of the parades of people carrying icons and statues of the bloody Jesus mutilated on the cross. They really do seem to miss the point.

I must admit - although I disagree with many of their views - I do have quite an admiration for those who set up the Protestent church; risking exile or death to oppose the corruption of the catholic papacy. But then they just replaced the corruption with bickering over scripture and fundamentalism... but hey, what can you do?
Mon 19/04/04 at 13:37
Regular
He just said anything, he wasn't interested in Jesus, just getting his different women.
Mon 19/04/04 at 13:29
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
he changed religion so that he could get a divorce.
Mon 19/04/04 at 13:20
Regular
Henry VIII was a Catholic.
Mon 19/04/04 at 13:04
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
Henry the VIII created the church of England because he wanted to get divorced and the catholic chuches were rich and he wanted the money not because he cared about religion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.